Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 07:45 AM

718 posts, read 2,074,078 times

Advertisements

And then there will be those who decide to buy on May 1....after the credit deadline. How many others will they blame?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 08:12 AM

445 posts, read 1,601,593 times
If the attorney or anyone else failed to their job and I was not able to close on or before 1 May - I might even back out of the deal. Hard to prove somethings but 8K aint't nothing.

When I bought my first house - the closing was moved UP one day. We knew that about two weeks in advance. No problem right. Well, the morning of the closing some clerk calls me and says my homeowners insurance would not be in effect until tomorrow and I should go out and get insurance from someone else ???? Not gonna happen - went to the closing and had a conference call with my insurance co. and all was OK.

When I sold that house - I lived out of state and only took the paper work that I thought would be required... The attorney had everything two weeks before closing and waited until the day before to bother to look at it... Well, about 1.5 years after I bought I refinanced and had a different mortgage holder, but the first one had not been removed from the lien ..?
Everybody got into a tizzy and I had to raise my voice to ask the question "does anybody really think that this bank has waited 8.5 years for me to pay on this orginal loan" a few seconds later it was agreed that it had to be a clerical error and we proceeded.

Old 04-09-2010, 04:06 PM

2,249 posts, read 8,879,105 times
Congrats on your closing! Enjoy your new home...it's wonderful that you closed! YAY!

Old 04-09-2010, 05:12 PM

40,930 posts, read 48,952,149 times
You sound like the type that likes to blame others.

Did you not know the new terms ?

We don't use attorney's here to close us so I have to ask, did your attorney actually "represent" you or did he just handle the closing documentation and keep it all legal ?

There is a difference in the type of work / representation you paid him to perform.

BTW, We and my son both bought houses last year. We got nothing from the Govt.

Old 04-10-2010, 06:10 AM

445 posts, read 1,601,593 times
In case you did not see this thread
http://www.city-data.com/forum/real-...ove-out-2.html

post # 16 says something about closing and when it occurs - I guess the verbiage in the law will be vauge and open for interpretation - isn't that a requirement of all laws/odinances!!!

Old 04-10-2010, 01:30 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,310,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icibiu View Post

I am sooo angry with our real estate lawyer right now! She wasn't exactly the best to deal with during our transaction but now months after we closed I wish....well I won't tell you want I wish I could do because I'm sure its a violation of the TOS but ARGH!! I'm so mad!!!

Lawyers are SUPPOSED to look out for thier clients best interest right?? Well why did my lawyer let me close on a day that is now costing me $5K???

Because my lawyer let us close on the 6th of November our income is too high to qualify for the full $8K home buyers credit, if we had closed SEVEN HOURS later we would get the full $8K instead we're getting less than $3k.
Sounds like your lawyer did what they were supposed to do which was to close on your home. If nothing is indicated in writing that he/she was responsible for ensuring you received the tax credit, it's your responsibility to make sure it you followed the rules to receive it.

You're getting $3k back. Be thankful. I don't see any threads from all the people who purchased homes without a goverment payout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate