Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 03:03 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times

Advertisements

Its one thing to purchase property with no keys. It is another to continue to have no keys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 05:20 PM

2,718 posts, read 5,358,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
In Florida there is a huge scam going on where people are claiming the property is abandoned and filing quit claim deeds with the county and claiming they are the owner. I am guessing that is what they are doing here.
That's exactly why I asked the OP if they were in Florida.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:05 PM

15,578 posts, read 40,434,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Its one thing to purchase property with no keys. It is another to continue to have no keys.

I agree, most people would just the house rekeyed and walk in the front door like normal people.

Old 04-30-2010, 03:22 AM

412 posts, read 939,371 times
This is crazy. I assume that he doesn't own the house - it's probably been foreclosured on, it's empty, and he's pretending that it's his. But, wouldn't it be better to break in a ahead of time and change the locks, rather than tell potential buyers that you have to climb through a window? LOL.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:00 AM

2,839 posts, read 9,983,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skchi View Post
This is crazy. I assume that he doesn't own the house - it's probably been foreclosured on, it's empty, and he's pretending that it's his. But, wouldn't it be better to break in a ahead of time and change the locks, rather than tell potential buyers that you have to climb through a window? LOL.
This is my thought as well! ROFL~!

Old 04-30-2010, 07:28 AM

43 posts, read 158,613 times
Yeah, thanks for the laugh! LOL

Old 04-30-2010, 07:49 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,191,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Guy on Craigs List has an old small home for a verry cheap price .

When I call he says he bought it at a tax sale.

He says he has a Quit Claim Deed.

He says he does not have the keys and we have to climb through a window..

I asked why he does not have keys to show the house ?

In a cash sale what does the buyer need from the seller to make sure its a LEGIT deal ?

What should I demand to see..

Feels like anyone can say " Yup thats my house , we can't go inside but just pay me the money "

This is a prime example why scams exist and always will.

A person knows it is a scam but the greedy part of him says its a deal he just can't pass up.

How many flashing neon lights proclaiming--- scam-- do people need before they get a clue ?

Barnum Bailey was right---" there is a sucker born every minute "

Old 04-30-2010, 10:17 AM

8,046 posts, read 28,478,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
This is a prime example why scams exist and always will.

A person knows it is a scam but the greedy part of him says its a deal he just can't pass up.

How many flashing neon lights proclaiming--- scam-- do people need before they get a clue ?

Barnum Bailey was right---" there is a sucker born every minute "
Of course, the other side of that is how sad it is that if a situation doesn't meet the normal x,y, and z criteria, we automatically assume it is a scam. As a community, we have been burned too many times, and we know the scams are out there, so if something is the slightest bit off, we have no choice but to assume it isn't legit. That is a sad state.

Old 04-30-2010, 03:03 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Thumbs down You guys rock :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
I agree, most people would just the house rekeyed and walk in the front door like normal people.
I said " Why didn't you rekey the house " ? He said " I don't have time for that . I am a busy man.

Make no mistake . I am HUGE on investigating anything especially due to Craigs List/ or the internet in general ... where there is a cesspool of scammers.

The property is in shambles according to him. ( I never went to look at it since I posted here and felt nauseated by what I read here )

So if its cheap , needs serious work , has no key , wants the buyer to climb through a window. ...I wonder how many other ppl are lined up to see this place ....Moi * NOT * , lol...

Old 04-30-2010, 03:04 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Post Note : No.. its not in Florida.....but these guys sound busy like they are saturating many cities...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate