Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 11:53 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geiger12 View Post

I guess it's just "little sister syndrome" rearing its ugly head. It happens all the time
Reading bwetween the lines here, I think you nailed this. Sounds like your sister appointed herself the front man and is quite agreeable to allowing you to think it's the listing agent's fault.

Regardless, you have a contract that you signed and will soon be closed. Woo-Hoo. Best of luck on closing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 02:25 PM

2,249 posts, read 8,894,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geiger12 View Post
Oh, he's gotten my signature on all the above - it's just how it has come about. He tells the other two and my brother in law everything going on but not me. I have to get my information third hand. The buyer had all his ducks in a row when he made an offer. The papers are there and everything is in place. It's just the lack of communication on the part of the listing agent that is burning me.
Well, obviously you've been in the loop if you signed all the paperwork.
If there is a closing next week, then it's really a little to late to handle the matter...BUT...call the title company who is handling the closing. They are in the loop on everything and definately the ones you want to be in contact with at this late date. There have to be instructions as to how the proceeds are split and how they get to you...how/when the closing papers will come to you for signing. Or...call your sister.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:59 PM

4 posts, read 6,402 times
So the closing went. The agent showed up and acted like he was so great. Shook my hand and was able to recall my name. What a joke. The closing went off - yay! But I am going to write to the Board of Realtors about him. And the Academy because they have overlooked a great actor. Thanks everyone for your help! Peace!

Old 05-10-2010, 07:52 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,894,254 times
Write to the board of Realtors®? For what?

Old 05-13-2010, 12:18 AM

93 posts, read 165,838 times
Anytime you don't like your agents actions contact their broker in charge...aka boss ( actually your actual agent anyways)

Old 05-14-2010, 09:07 AM

718 posts, read 2,078,467 times
Why don't you just talk to the agent. Let's "tattletale" to the broker gets really old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate