Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2010, 12:10 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,895 times

Advertisements

good afternoon to all!! Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend! Now back to the daily grind....ugh. I can;t believe it is already July! where did time go!!

Kandy- wow so close- I sure hope you all can make it work- try not to let it get away. IMHO if you look at what you will be paying monthly...and it continues to 'sit' after you move plus the expenses to maintain it while gone....would it be better to just take the 'loss' now and be done with it??
Look deep at your bottom....that didn't sound quite right!!! Oh you know what I mean. If their offer is solid, and their financing seems to be in order, might get it while getting is good. But I know you will do what is best for your family and your particular situation. Peace to you about it....

Long story short with me...have had numerous houses over the yrs. Found CD back when we had our current house on the market during a surprise downsizing event ( he wound up going back to came company, different job) and came on here looking for info on other cities in case we moved. Moving along- camp was born as a place for buyers, sellers, realtors to rant, rave, hang out, whatever so here some of us still are just hanging out. Have folks hiking in or out , dropping in for what ever floats their boat. and the powers that be are kind enough to just let us do our thing (thank you mods)

Rats, phone BBL

Old 07-06-2010, 02:10 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,556,504 times
update: The buyer split the difference once again (coming up $2500) and we took the deal. Like someone said here "A bird in the hand.." So we feel good about it and this will mean only one house payment instead of two when August rolls around. Whew! We are actually feeling very lucky. We live in a nice master planned community and no homes have sold here in over a month. That is the longest dry spell in history (here). The contracts will be signed tomorrow morning. Then we can pop open the virtual champagne! Cheers! ~clink~

Old 07-06-2010, 02:57 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,360 times
CONGRATS KANDY! I WILL RAISE THE GLASS FOR YOU TOO...WHEEE WHAT A RELIEF! Now you do know that you have to stick around and keep us updated. Many have come into the camp, stayed till sold and then ....gone...they just leave us hangin'....gosh campers am I the only one feeling used?
Speakin of such where is CDCD.....OM I hope his bed didn't run over him in the booth!

Old 07-06-2010, 03:23 PM

they are getting ready to do the happy dance for ya Kandy!!
aren't they CUTE??hah haha

fantastic news fer sure! now hope the associated poop connected with the sell FLY on through!!

keep us posted!

eliminate the middle man- bed race in a hospital bed!

Old 07-06-2010, 04:18 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,556,504 times
LOL! You Crazy!
I will for sure stick around. I am a CD junkie and y'all have brought me such good luck that you won't be able to get rid of me now. Also...I have been known to bring good luck. Get ready for the Good!!

Just one week and until the Packers/Movers arrive! I can't wait!

Old 07-07-2010, 06:00 AM

1,320 posts, read 3,701,180 times
Wow Kandy. Your deal was so fast I nearly fell out of bed! (ask the others here about that). Congrats to you!

Old 07-07-2010, 07:23 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,360 times
checkin' in the camp...to hot for anything else.

Kandy You sure dont waste time, lol, love it!

CDCD, Are you still in the sling? Can't imagine how painful that is.....

Tambre, Are you back yet?

Stoy, Enjoy your company and hiking!

Crazy....Hmm....

Gold dust, Glad to hear you are some what lovin the new digs. Now will you pop in once in awhile, You are welcomed here....

Old 07-07-2010, 08:51 AM

1,320 posts, read 3,701,180 times
Painter- Still in the sling for another 2-3 weeks. Still pain, but not nearly as bad.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:16 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Crazy....Hmm....
^....still cwazy as ever - she is....love the pink tutu's - oh and your yard is just beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Gold dust, Glad to hear you are some what lovin the new digs. Now will you pop in once in awhile, You are welcomed here....
Aww thanx Painter - don't mind if I do - my prayers are still with you!

Way to go Kandy and CDCD guy!

Y'all have a great day! It's as steamy as a purgatory around these parts!

Old 07-07-2010, 09:33 AM

morning peeps!
Kandy, hope your contract came on thru. Wow, packers coming already.Are they gonna do it all? Our last move was corporate, but I still packed up certain stuff myself.So used to doing it myself, went ahead...it was nice having them to move & load it tho'. Have you gone through and purged stuff you don't want or need any more? That is what I like about moving so much...great way to 'clean' house!! The rate I am going, once I move into the old folks home, there won't be much left LOL

Tanbre is having a grand time I bet.

I reckon Fields of Green and gentlearts are enjoying new homes.

Dogmom, is a swimming maybe?

Stoy is hiking and eating

Pianter is watching the grass grow up...rain come down??

Gold- you ought to get more of your 'decent' neighbors together & have you own impromptu neighborhood meeting....or does the builder even bother to have HOA meetings of some sort??? Be getting your group of like minded folks together so when the reins are turned over- you guys will be ready to run with it.
Now I am not a huge huge fan of HOA's as some of them turn into gestapo fests, but they do and can serve a good purpose as long as the HOA board follows the by laws correctly. We had a problem here recently where one of the board members< a lawyer, ha> had his next door neighbor get a violation letter. Neighbor came running to him and then board member pitches a hissy on neighbors behalf at meeting. Ha HA at least the other board members were having none of that, and said oh no, the violation stands....tell neighbor to take care of it. We have a pretty good board, that will orrk with people, but they don't play no games.

Poor CDCD. Now let me tell you what you do. Get you one of them big old cans of green beans or the like, at the Wally World. And then the next time yore pore C-Bone starts a hertin, you jess heft that there sucker down on yore foot. I promise you, yore C-Bone won't be a hertin so bad

CDCD I wonder of you got one of these,or something like it, if you would be more comfortable sleeping? Kinda be sitting up, but your head could lean back. The BedLounge; Comfortable Reading Pillow: The Leader in Posture Fitness, Resource and Learning

okay peeps , gotta get busy, find out where my fence man is, according to calendar it is about time for him
Carry on! ttyl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate