U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 07:02 AM

11,012 posts, read 17,497,955 times

Advertisements

Sweet pickles are gross, but I bet candied jalapenos would be awesome in potato salad...

I like some finely chopped dill pickle in my potato salad sometimes, but usually leave it out. What's really good is minced dill pickle in macaroni salad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 02:05 AM

114,161 posts, read 54,034,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnhoneypot View Post
uh....that would be sweet pickles

couldn't help myself! Oh, and I cannot stomach bread and butter pickles.
I knew the OP mentioned sweet. But, wanted to help closely match their memory...even though I was cringing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inconversant View Post
Wow! I didn't realize there was such a potato salad pickle controversy in America today. To tell you the truth it never occurred to me that people used dill pickles in there potato salad. I might try that just to see what I think. And now that satx56 mentions it, I do remember my mom pouring in a little of the pickle brine into the potato salad for extra favor. Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll give them a try. BTW, grits with lots of butter and cheese, definitely.
Yes, but adding the brine wasn't really my idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaloneJill View Post
I don't put pickle in mine at all. Wouldn't think of it.

But everything is better with bacon.
^^^ My usual line!! Potato salad is one exception.
Quote:

all in fun, we had a great time with it!
Absolutely!! Everyone should enjoy their potato salad as they like it. Just don't forget the dill pickles!!

Old 07-26-2010, 07:22 AM

507 posts, read 2,018,841 times

Old 07-26-2010, 09:20 PM

1 posts, read 766 times
Default Nice

Oh I love salad very much, particularly with potato and tomato. I like this recipe. I will make something for my family tonight

Old 07-28-2010, 02:28 PM

1,754 posts, read 3,700,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
I knew the OP mentioned sweet. But, wanted to help closely match their memory...even though I was cringing.

Yes, but adding the brine wasn't really my idea.

^^^ My usual line!! Potato salad is one exception.

Absolutely!! Everyone should enjoy their potato salad as they like it. Just don't forget the dill pickles!!

Oh no, baybe- add that BACON to your tater salad- you have no idea what you're missin'! I just finished the last of my baked potato potato salad.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:58 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,044,122 times
Potato salad is good with cheddar cheese and cubed ham as well, a packet of sazon, and Montreal Chicken seasoning. No pickles.

But I'll put sweet or dill pickles on my grilled cheese sandwich with mustard, thank you.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:54 AM

38,854 posts, read 20,126,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
Sorry !! I have to do it! Dill wins!!

Potato Salad Pickles - sweet or dill?
Nope! Me gotta have sweet pickles or relish! None of those tarty dills in my salad. *makes a sour face*

Old 08-06-2010, 12:56 AM

38,854 posts, read 20,126,035 times
Quote:
uh....that would be sweet pickles

couldn't help myself! Oh, and I cannot stomach bread and butter pickles.
Bread N Butter pickles are da bomb dude!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes