Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 11:17 AM

4,691 posts, read 3,467,369 times

Advertisements

We took our boys apple picking yesterday. So this morning I made and canned a batch of spiced applesauce. I made the boys sausage and apples for breakfast. For dinner I am cooking turkey tenderloin with apples. I am not much of a baker but I ran across this recipe https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/79...-apple-cake-i/ and it's in my oven right now. Tomorrow I will make a batch of unsweetened applesauce with whatever apples are left.

In about a month we will go picking again. That batch will be mainly for canning apple butter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2018, 04:52 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,413,619 times
I love to bake a French apple cake that has a ton of butter and it's boozy too. I use spiced rum when I make it, though I believe the recipe originally calls for cognac.

By the way, speaking of apples - has anyone tried the Koru apples at Costco? We bought a dozen in the bubble pack and went through them in a week. They are imported from New Zealand. They are cheaper than Honeycrisp and not as tangy but just as firm. We just bought another dozen yesterday, along with their Jazz apples. Would love it if Costco started selling Opal apples too - I could eat one every day.

Old 09-11-2018, 06:43 AM

12,038 posts, read 8,399,979 times
Just got about a peck of apples from my usual garden benefactor and have plans for making two pies. This idea is tempting to try. Look how pretty it is:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...le-pie-3362361

Old 09-13-2018, 01:23 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,132,037 times
As I have posted before, I love making and eating Waldorf salad, especially when I make it with two kinds of apples or with apples and pears. I also make applesauce in my Instant Pot.

Crisp apples make my favorite afternoon snack, along with some almond butter.

Fresh apple slices are also good additions to green salads.

I often add some apple to saurkraut before cooking. And apples and onions make a great sauté.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes