U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2010, 04:59 PM

20,517 posts, read 26,319,451 times

Advertisements

I just had something similar at a restaurant and it was delicious. Please share your version.

Chicken Artichoke Spinach Casserole
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 or 3 cans of artichoke hearts, chopped
1 package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed
3/4 cup mayo
3/4 cup parm cheese
garlic powder

Place the chicken in the bottom of a casserole dish or cut it into bit sized pieces and place it in the dish. Mix all other ingredients together in a bowl and if chicken is whole spread over chicken and if chicken is cut up mix with chicken. Bake in oven at 375 for 35 minutes or until juices run clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 05:07 PM

8,872 posts, read 13,508,506 times
I don't have a version of it, but I love artichokes and it sounds easy, so I'm happy to give it a try. I might brown the chicken first. I've had food poisoning twice and I'm really paranoid about under-cooking. Does it make enough sauce to serve with pasta or rice? Thanks!

Old 09-28-2010, 05:10 PM

20,517 posts, read 26,319,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I don't have a version of it, but I love artichokes and it sounds easy, so I'm happy to give it a try. I might brown the chicken first. I've had food poisoning twice and I'm really paranoid about under-cooking. Does it make enough sauce to serve with pasta or rice? Thanks!
Sorry about the food poisoning. So far so good for me.

I haven't made it yet but I love extra sauce so I would make extra

Here's another one which is really good. I've made this. You could probably add artichokes to this

Chicken with Feta and Spinach

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
4 slices bacon

DIRECTIONS
In a medium bowl, mix mayonnaise, spinach, feta cheese, and garlic until well blended. Set aside.
Carefully butterfly chicken breasts, making sure not to cut all the way through. Spoon spinach mixture into chicken breasts. Wrap each with a piece of bacon, and secure with a toothpick. Place in shallow baking dish. Cover.
Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until chicken is no longer pink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes