Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 12:35 PM

1,311 posts, read 4,678,930 times

Advertisements

I make something that I saw on Rachael Ray every year for Valentine's Day. It's her chocolate version of pot de creme. All you need is a blender.

Here's the link, as long as that's allowed...

Chocolate Cups with Whipped Cream Recipe : Rachael Ray : Food Network

I substitute vanilla for the liqueur, and it definitely takes longer than what she says to set in the fridge.

But it's so good and super-super-easy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 05:24 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,041,476 times
Pavlovas are so spectacular looking and so easy. Just don't make them on a humid day. I make individual ones, hollowing out a depression in the middle of the meringue with the back of a spoon before baking. Bake, cool and fill the center with whatever you want (pudding, any flavor filling, fruit, whipped cream, etc.). I like to fill the depression with lemon curd (easy to make) or buy, then top with sliced fresh strawberries and top with whipped cream and chocolate curls or shavings.....or drizzle with chocolate sauce or chocolate syrup. Delicious and looks like much more work than it is.

Here are some pictures:

pavlova with strawberries - Google Search

Old 02-11-2011, 05:29 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,672,517 times
i think im going to make a puff pastry, then fill it with the (quick and easy) chocolate mousse (pudding and whip cream lol) and drizzle chocolate or caramel over it... .

Old 02-11-2011, 05:58 PM

7,295 posts, read 9,309,301 times
Everyone's (guests) favourite dessert seems to be one of the simplest to make: a log cake made with Mr. Christie's chocolate wafers.

Ingredients: one or two packages of the chocolate wafers and whipping cream - two or three cups depending on how large a cake you want to make.

Whip the cream, add sugar to taste, and vanilla (mint flavouring would work too) and then plaster the wafers on the 'wrong' side with the whipped cream one by one, stacking them in piles (about 6 cookies' worth or the piles might fall) then smoosh the piles together in the shape of a log. Cover the log by spatula with more whipped cream, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.

I have also made it by adding dark chocolate syrup to the whipped cream (to taste) and leaving out the vanilla and the sugar, which makes a kind of chocolate mousse.

I don't like strawberries so I serve it with a raspberry coulis and fresh raspberries but any fruit you prefer that goes with chocolate can be substituted.

Probably very bad for you but very delicious.

Last edited by netwit; 02-11-2011 at 05:59 PM.. Reason: forgot ingredient

Old 02-11-2011, 06:02 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,672,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post

Probably very bad for you but very delicious.
arent the best things that way???? LOL

that does sound awfully good!

Old 02-11-2011, 06:09 PM

7,295 posts, read 9,309,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suedonym View Post
arent the best things that way???? LOL

that does sound awfully good!
Our non-dessert eating friends ask for seconds and the recipe since no one can believe that something so simple can be so good.

Old 02-11-2011, 06:22 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,053,495 times
How about Chocolate Fondue with fruit and cake to dip in it.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:08 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,345,117 times
DH requested his favorite "diet" treat (he's watching his weight) for Valentine's Day - a low fat, sugar free pie with the key ingredients of jello, yogurt, whipped topping and fruit. This strawberry version makes a perfect presentation for Valentine's Day, You'll need fresh strawberries, 1 pkg. sugar free strawberry jello, (2) 8 oz. containers of strawberry yogurt (SF or regular), light whipped topping, and a graham cracker pie shell. Just dissolve the jello in 1/2 cup hot water, mix in the yogurt, mix in the sliced strawberries, and fold in about a cup of the whipped topping. Put in the pie crust and allow to set (3 to 4 hours). Top slices with additional whipped topping.

There's an endless variety of pies you can make with this recipe, using different jello, yogurt and fruit combinations, like peach (using fresh or canned sliced peaches, peach yogurt, and peach jello); cherry; blackberry, raspberry, etc.

If you want something more "fattening", a sour cream cheese pie in a graham cracker pie shell, chopped with cherry pie filling, is easy, also. You just bake it in the pie shell, no spring form pan needed. I buy the graham cracker crust at Aldi's, and there's an excellent, easy, recipe right on package.

Old 02-12-2011, 05:53 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,250 times
a lil cool whip is oh so fun on St. Valentine's day

Old 02-14-2011, 07:37 AM

3,763 posts, read 8,747,378 times
Make your sweetheart's favorite cake but make it in a square pan & a round pan. Then cut the round cake in half & put the halves on the square to make a heart. Icing with his favorite icing. Voila!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes