U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 09:48 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,962,514 times

Advertisements

Besides making Mexican food. Ive racked my brains trying to think of some way to make an edible dish with them with no results. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 10:13 PM

18,856 posts, read 31,592,360 times
Well, I don't know what you are asking, but I use tortillas to make "leftover" burritos, I put whatever letovers there are in the burrito for a quick lunch.

I warm up corn totillas, put butter on them, and eat them with eggs for breakfast.
I always make homemade chips, they are better and cheaper than store bought.
If you don't like tortillas or mexican food, why do you buy them?

Old 04-18-2011, 10:46 PM

114,159 posts, read 53,985,160 times
If you mean corn tortillas this recipe makes an excellent meal!

King Ranch Casserole

Old 04-18-2011, 11:17 PM

1,064 posts, read 3,134,899 times
If you are in TX, if you can't figure out what to cook with them you can always take them to a Texas Tech football game and throw them there....however I don't think you can do that anymore.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:52 PM

2,671 posts, read 6,233,055 times
Thumbs up Here's one...

A nice little breakfast/brunch treat I do is to use the smaller flour tortillas.
I fry up some sausage links and place two in center of tortilla w/a slice of
cheese on top of them. fold up the ends and roll them into a burrito and fry them. Deeeeliiiciousss...'and tasty, too'...
Koale

Old 04-19-2011, 12:02 AM

27,236 posts, read 41,265,569 times
I use them as pizza crust.

You could also cut them into pieces and fry them in oil. Maybe even get some finely grated cheese and spices to dip them in after pulling them out of the boiling hot oil.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:58 AM

4,196 posts, read 5,227,833 times
Fry them up and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar..
YUMMY!!!

Old 04-19-2011, 08:45 AM

10,139 posts, read 23,203,943 times
I love making a tortilla/tomato salad.

Line a plate with crushed tortillas. Put on a layer of thin sliced fresh tomatoes and sweet onions thinly sliced. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, drizzle EVOO. Drizzle Balsamic vinegar. Repeat two times. Eat as a salad.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:08 AM

14,874 posts, read 37,158,783 times
These are great for picnic lunches, in kids lunch boxes and even for road trips.
Or make and cut up into small slices and lay on a platter for a luncheon, party, etc.

Tortilla Roll Ups

Spread a layer of Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese on each Flour tortilla
Sprinkle grated cheese on top of cream cheese
Then lay on top a slice of turkey (or ham)

Roll up and enjoy

Or roll them up and slice them for a party tray.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:09 PM

4,037 posts, read 9,160,340 times
If they are corn, I agree with satx56, King Ranch Casserole. Yummy! That an all time favorite at my house. You can make tortilla soup with them. You can warm them up and eat them with butter and honey, or just butter or as DH likes, butter and salt. Oh how I love soft, warm, buttered corn tortillas.

If they are flour I agree with the tortilla roll ups and Caligula's suggestion of cinnamon and sugar. Also you can just warm them, spread with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and roll it up and enjoy. You can make breakfast burritos with them. Nothing better than some scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns, cheese and salsa, if you like, rolled in a warm flour tortilla. Nothing Mexican about it except the tortilla.

My oldest son likes to take them and make bacon and cheese quesedillas. He just puts one on a hot griddle, sprinkles with cheese (he uses Mexican blend, but you can use any kind you like) and crumbled bacon, tops with another tortilla. He cooks until the cheese starts to melt and the tortilla begins to toast up, then flips it and toasts the other side. He will eat them for breakfast, or as a snack.

You could also make a wrap. Put some grilled chicken strips in the center of the tortilla, add lettuce, tomato, cheese or whatever you like, add some salad dressing and roll it up. Anything tastes better when it's inside a tortilla
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes