Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 11:07 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,507,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillypups View Post
BEWARE THESE ARE ADDICTING.

1 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. flour
1 c. chopped pecans
2/3 c. butter
2 eggs, beaten

Oven 350*
Grease & flour 18 mini muffin pan. I DON'T SUGGEST USING ANY PAPER LINED MUFFIN cups. THE PAPER STICKS TO MUFFIN & ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO GET IT OFF CLEAN. YOU WASTE TOO MUCH MUFFIN.

In med. bowl stir together brown sugar, flour & pecans. In separate bowl beat the softened butter (NOT MELTED) & eggs together until smooth, stir in dry ingredients just until it's all combined.
Spoon the batter into prepared mini muffin tin. Each should be about 2/3 full of batter.
Bake at 350* 20-30 minutes. Coool on wire racks when done.
Dang it, Sillypups! I've gained weight already and all I did was print this off!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 11:11 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,507,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillypups View Post
NOTHING IS EASIER THAN THIS...

2-21 oz. cans of fruit pie filling (cherry, apple... I've even mixed an apple & cherry). There is a great mixed berry pie filling out there too.

1 yellow cake mix...dry.

1 c. chopped pecans or english walnuts or mix the two.

1-1/2 sticks of melted butter

Use a 13X9 pan. Spray bottom & sides of pan with cooking spray.
Pour both cans of fruit pie filling in bottom of pan.
Spread it around evenly as possible.
Sprinkle "DRY" cake mix on top of fruit. DO NOT SMASH DOWNDRY CAKE MIX. Just let it flow out of the box. Highs & lows are fine.
Top the dry cake mix with chopped nuts.
Pour melted butter over the nuts & dry cake mix.
Bake 350* 45 min to an hour.
Let it cool ot eat it warm with ice cream.
We call this Cherry Delicious at our house...and it is! (Easy, too!)

Old 07-30-2011, 08:57 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,910,797 times
May I present my Perfect Hangover Sandwich (serves 1)

heat a good inch or so of canola oil, cut up one smallish potato (leave skins on !) into thinnish fries (think mcdonalds size).

While oil is heating make your mise en place for the sandwich:

Toast two pieces of bread of your choice (I use whole wheat)

Small dice onions
Microwave a few pieces of bacon
a piece (or two...be greedy..why not ? you're hungover and deserve it lol) of pepper jack cheese
Thinly slice a piece of tomato
Make a seasoned salt w/ sea salt, cumin, and coriander (bash 'em all up together in a mortar and pestle- failing that bash 'em between the folds of a towel with a hammer)
Beat 2 eggs and put in some of the seasoned salt
Pour into a heated pan w/ melted butter and cook slowly (this is important to make sure the eggs end up tender as opposed to rubber)

Also, you should have started the fries somewhere between the above steps..so finish them and toss some of the seasoned salt on them and let 'em sit while you prepare the rest of your sandwich.

Take out the toast and spread one side w/ mayo and the other piece w/ strawberry jam (or whatever your preference in jam is)

Start putting together the sucker. I start with the cheese >>onions>>tomatoes>>bacon>>the eggs>>then I put the fries on top of that mofo and top that with the slice of bread.

Cut that baby in half and serve it with some fruit (I love blueberries) and you've got a Killer Hangover Sandwich. Bon Appetit

Old 08-03-2011, 11:57 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,433,328 times
Here is a great idea when you have out of town, overnight guest.

Instead of hassling with all kinds of stuff for breakfast, I make breakfast cruoussants (spelling)

1 can of large croussants (this is one time I use only the best brand)

4 scrambled eggs

1/2 lb sausage (browned)

sliced cheese if you want

lay the croussants out, one at a time. fill each with a couple of spoons full of eggs and sausage (add the cheese if you use it) roll up and bake according to directions on the can. Serve 2 per person and you have your bread, meat and eggs all in one. I usually put the hot sause on the table for anyone who likes to be start their morning off right.

Nita

Old 08-05-2011, 10:15 AM

286 posts, read 687,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
We call this Cherry Delicious at our house...and it is! (Easy, too!)

Any photos of what this looks like once done?

Old 08-09-2011, 05:32 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,253,397 times
I'm back from VACA, so I hope to be posting more recipes soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes