U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2011, 01:55 PM

12,411 posts, read 16,423,893 times

Advertisements

I know that it's a scandal, but a lot of recipe books contain untested recipes. Has anyone got one of the J.Pepin books, especially the Fast Food My Way books and tried any recipes? Any opinions on them?

I like the guy. He seems so genuine and sincere and really expert.
I also like Alton Brown. Has anyone tried some of his recipes? I've heard some things, pro and con.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 03:11 PM

347 posts, read 880,294 times
I have the original "Fast Food My Way," and use a couple of the recipes regularly, which is about par for me and any cookbook. The ones I've tried have been very flavorful and easy to prepare. His Chicken Breast with Garlic and Parsley is wonderful. I should say though that I'm not aware of any scandal concerning Jacques Pepin.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:49 AM

12,411 posts, read 16,423,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookmen View Post
I have the original "Fast Food My Way," and use a couple of the recipes regularly, which is about par for me and any cookbook. The ones I've tried have been very flavorful and easy to prepare. His Chicken Breast with Garlic and Parsley is wonderful. I should say though that I'm not aware of any scandal concerning Jacques Pepin.
Thank you.

My post was referring to the scandal that many cook books, esp. with celebrity names attached to them, have not tested all the recipes in them. Some have been found with missing ingredients.

I sometimes will research a book on Amazon and look at reader comments. You cannot always trust the comments because competitors will post erroneous things to try to bring down ratings.

I have never heard of any scandal regarding Mr. Pepin and hold him in the highest regard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes