U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-11-2012, 07:38 AM
 
Location: Islip,NY
15,727 posts, read 17,681,348 times
Reputation: 15006

Advertisements

3 large russet potatoes washed and cut into wedges similar to that of a pickle wedge.

1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paricka
1 tsp italian seasoning
2-3 tbsp olive oil or canola oil

Pre-heat oven to 400
Place potatoes in a zip loc bag and add seasoning and olive oil. Shake bag to coat potatoes. Layer ptoatoes evenly on a cookie sheet. Bake on 400 for 40-45 minutes turning potatoes once after 20 minutes. Bake until brown and crisp and potatoes are soft in the middle. You can make them spicy of you like by adding Cayenne pepper. Dill is also good on these.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-11-2012, 10:41 AM
 
Location: From TX to VA
8,579 posts, read 5,206,850 times
Reputation: 8023
Here's another version.

3 baking potatoes (around 1 lb)
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
2 tsp canola oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp black pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel potatoes. Cut each potato lengthwise into 8 wedges. Toss potatoes with spices until evenly coated. Place in single layer on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 50 minutes turning halfway through baking time. Serve immediately.

Makes 4 servings (6 wedges)
Calories: 120
Total fats: 2g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 7mg
Fiber: 2g

Lubby, this recipe is good, but I'm going to print yours and use it tonight. I'm always up for trying new recipes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2012, 10:44 AM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
8,451 posts, read 15,367,152 times
Reputation: 18600
I love potato sticks. If you ever want them incredibly crispy and tasty, use coconut oil as your fat. I have also used butter or olive oil.

I like to season with cumin & hot sauce or chili powder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2012, 12:59 PM
 
Location: Islip,NY
15,727 posts, read 17,681,348 times
Reputation: 15006
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyLady View Post
Here's another version.

3 baking potatoes (around 1 lb)
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
2 tsp canola oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp black pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel potatoes. Cut each potato lengthwise into 8 wedges. Toss potatoes with spices until evenly coated. Place in single layer on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 50 minutes turning halfway through baking time. Serve immediately.

Makes 4 servings (6 wedges)
Calories: 120
Total fats: 2g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 7mg
Fiber: 2g

Lubby, this recipe is good, but I'm going to print yours and use it tonight. I'm always up for trying new recipes.
Cool, let me know how they turned out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2012, 06:43 PM
 
Location: From TX to VA
8,579 posts, read 5,206,850 times
Reputation: 8023
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Cool, let me know how they turned out
They came out delicious! The flavor was WAY better than my recipe. Hehehe...out with the old recipe and in with the new! Thanks for posting it, Lubby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2012, 06:48 PM
 
Location: Woodinville
3,185 posts, read 3,563,813 times
Reputation: 6258
I use similar seasonings on my sweet potato (yam) fries and they are tasty but do not crisp up at all. Do you do anything special to crisp these up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2012, 06:52 PM
 
Location: From TX to VA
8,579 posts, read 5,206,850 times
Reputation: 8023
No, I just followed the recipe directions. However, have you tried baking them on a foil-lined baking sheet? Sometimes that increases the heat and they crisp up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2012, 07:10 PM
 
Location: Woodinville
3,185 posts, read 3,563,813 times
Reputation: 6258
[quote=LilyLady;22503310However, have you tried baking them on a foil-lined baking sheet?[/quote]

Yep that's how I make them. Usually they come out soft and some get REALLY burnt (probably due to my lack of skills with hand cutting)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2012, 07:18 PM
 
Location: Islip,NY
15,727 posts, read 17,681,348 times
Reputation: 15006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
Yep that's how I make them. Usually they come out soft and some get REALLY burnt (probably due to my lack of skills with hand cutting)
do what I did bake them on a cookie cooling rack and tuen up the heat to maybe 425 and cook them for 40-45 minutes. They don't get as crispy as regular potatoes but they do get a little crispy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2012, 07:19 PM
 
Location: Islip,NY
15,727 posts, read 17,681,348 times
Reputation: 15006
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyLady View Post
They came out delicious! The flavor was WAY better than my recipe. Hehehe...out with the old recipe and in with the new! Thanks for posting it, Lubby.
Thanks I am so happy others like my recipes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top