Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 10:33 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,681,743 times

Advertisements

Just inspired!

A Jim Beam themed deck party...
Steak in JB sauce (TGIF idea), Hamburger & Hotdog in JB sauce, JB soaked beercan chicken, JB basted muchrooms, JB marinated & battered fried mushrooms, JB w/ OJ boiled carrots, JB chili, JB mixers & spiked punch, beverages & coffee, JB styled desserts like grilled JB marinated yams & pineapples... JB everything!
Yay!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 11:09 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,758,253 times
Oh,yeah I forgot one of my favorite things I use alcohol in. Haven't done this in far too long. I make a bbq sauce, using beer, onions, garlic mustard, chili powder, dark corn syrup and maybe a few other things. Then I pour it over a brisket and cook it at about 250 overnight. Then we put it on our smoker for a few hours. It makes an amazing brisket, that melts in your mouth.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I use red and white wines in my cooking and beer in corned beef anf chili and a bean soup I made. I tried using hard liquor in a recipe once that called for burbon which I did not have so I used Jack daniel's instead, needless to say the dish was gross and thrown out LOL. so for me it's either wine or beer in my cooking.
I thought Jack Daniels was bourbon. Shows how much I know about liquor.
One of my sons got to meet the Master Distiller for Jack Daniels a couple of years ago at a dinner. Had his picture made with him. It was formal dinner and the Jack Daniels guy had a vest and bow tie with the Jack Daniels logo on it. At the same dinner he got to meet/have a picture made with the governor of Arkansas. My son was way more excited about the Jack Daniels guy than the governor!

Old 02-22-2012, 01:51 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,677,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debzkidz View Post
I thought Jack Daniels was bourbon. Shows how much I know about liquor.
One of my sons got to meet the Master Distiller for Jack Daniels a couple of years ago at a dinner. Had his picture made with him. It was formal dinner and the Jack Daniels guy had a vest and bow tie with the Jack Daniels logo on it. At the same dinner he got to meet/have a picture made with the governor of Arkansas. My son was way more excited about the Jack Daniels guy than the governor!
Technically Jack Daniels is a Bourbon.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Technically Jack Daniels is a Bourbon.
Okay, so maybe I do know something.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debzkidz View Post
Okay, so maybe I do know something.
Just wait the Whisky vs Bourbon Whisky Nazi's will be here eventually to tell me how wrong I am.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:29 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Just wait the Whisky vs Bourbon Whisky Nazi's will be here eventually to tell me how wrong I am.
Nah, it'll be the Tennessee Sour Mash Nazis

Old 02-22-2012, 06:03 PM

1,671 posts, read 2,024,126 times
During the Jack Daniels Distillery Tour at Lynchburg they make it a point to tell you several times that Jack Daniels is Whiskey, not bourbon. The tour guide said that all bourbon is whiskey, but not all whiskey is bourbon and JD is not bourbon. Just saying.....I'm not a Whiskey Nazi; I don't drink whiskey or bourbon.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:42 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
Try Old Crow for bourbon - even though it has a horrible name and is cheap for a bourbon, it's still one of the best-tasting.

For whatever reason all the bourbons and Jack Daniels seem to taste more real when bought in the glass bottles rather than the larger plastic jugs. Maybe it's just me, but the plastic jugs taste more like grain alcohol with sweetener and caramel coloring added.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nALgirl View Post
During the Jack Daniels Distillery Tour at Lynchburg they make it a point to tell you several times that Jack Daniels is Whiskey, not bourbon. The tour guide said that all bourbon is whiskey, but not all whiskey is bourbon and JD is not bourbon. Just saying.....I'm not a Whiskey Nazi; I don't drink whiskey or bourbon.
Of course they do.

It's a Bourbon because of the mash content. They just get all pissy because they filter their product through charcoal so they feel that's give them the right to name it as a non bourbon whisky. It is a marketing tool to give them some separation from all the bourbon produced in those states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes