Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2012, 10:00 PM

754 posts, read 1,739,454 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have one? I found a handful online but they seem hit or miss :-(
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 12:44 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
Sautee pork loin chops in butter in a saute pan over medium heat until well browned. Cover the chops with sliced apples, cover, stirring occasionally but not mashing the apple slices. Season with crushed black pepper and add as much butter as your cardiologist will tolerate. Cooking approximately 20 minutes over medium heat, covered. Delish! Make it often.

The cat food maker will turn apples into apple sauce and beautiful chops into cat food before you can say boo! Use it for something else.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:16 AM

754 posts, read 1,739,454 times
Lol cat food maker...thanks Wilson! What kind of apples do you recommend?

Old 02-26-2012, 08:16 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalyzeThis View Post
Lol cat food maker...thanks Wilson! What kind of apples do you recommend?

I use those Gala ones that wifey buys for general eating. But, if I was a more committed cook I'd really try out lots. I live in apple country. the same dish can be made with fresh shredded cabbage (I think sauerkraut is a menace).

I should add that deglazing the pan with the apples is the point of stirring them around in the pork fat. I am not a fan of a lot of diverse flavors in dishes, call me a main ingredient driven cook, but I would bet that cinnamon or paprika would make an interesting addition.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:18 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,684,438 times
Sharing a "korean styled" pork loin chop w/ apple recipe... suitable for crock pot or via slow bake.

Sauted a lil' mashed garlic, sliced ginger in hot oil
(add a dollop of sesame oil to hot oil)...
brown onions, pork loin chop & apples
plus potato & sweet potato chunks.

Add 1 part sweet soysauce ***(different from soysauce, available at asian market)
to 2 part Chicken broth enough to cover 2/3 of the other ingredients,

salt & pepper

taste, taste, taste z broth or stew, adjust more sweet soysauce if needed...
Cover, cook for 1 hr or more.

This dish is superb w/ white rice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes