U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2012, 06:20 PM
HDL HDL started this thread

3,141 posts, read 6,023,515 times

Advertisements

I just noticed a recipe for Butt-Busting Brownies on the Dr Oz website and was hoping maybe someone on City Data forums (CDF) had tried this recipe out and could give me your feedback?

Dr. Oz's Butt-Busting Brownie | The Dr. Oz Show

Anybody ????

Feel free to share your opinion on any other Dr Oz recipes also .

Thanks !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 07:42 AM

5,210 posts, read 9,136,116 times
I don't watch Dr Oz, personally. There is just something about him that really turns me off for some reason. But I looked at this recipe and it seems like it could be good. And it's a fair amount healthier than the regular variety - more butt-sparing than butt-busting, though.

The recipe is certainly easy enough, too. I'd try it.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:53 AM

9,012 posts, read 8,322,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
I just noticed a recipe for Butt-Busting Brownies on the Dr Oz website and was hoping maybe someone on City Data forums (CDF) had tried this recipe out and could give me your feedback?

Anybody ????

Thanks !
I was actually just looking at Dr. Oz's stuff
I do like him- I think he's very knowledgeable & kind of cute, too
If I did try a recipe of his it'd be this one, sounds good to me

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies | The Dr. Oz Show

Old 03-13-2012, 07:56 AM

35,108 posts, read 40,287,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post

Anybody ????

Thanks !

I have Rice Bran Oil on its way right now, had to order online because I could not find it locally. I'll let you know how I like it if you want. Currently I only use Olive Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:04 AM

72,030 posts, read 83,705,236 times
I have seen a few of his recipes, they are healthier than many of us cook, especially me, but as for him, I don't know what it is, I just can't stand the guy. The first time I saw him was in our dentist office while I was getting my teeth cleaned. of course the hygenist always has the "View" on as well.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:13 AM

19,185 posts, read 15,041,276 times
That sounds more like a fudge than a brownie and it will be very rich with all of that cocoa. One thing to watch will be the serving size and you'll be getting a good dose of caffeine from the cocoa so I wouldn't eat it before bed. The raisins will make it sticky and difficult to spread. I make a similar raw fudge recipe but without oatmeal. I am not a fan of Dr. Oz and I see his face everywhere.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:03 AM

5,339 posts, read 8,045,846 times
I have tried some of his soup recipes, and a few others. They have turned out really well.

The brownie recipe doesn't sound appealing to me though, I don't care much for raisins.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:21 AM

4,036 posts, read 9,204,370 times
I'm not a fan of Dr Oz. There's something about him that gives me the creeps. Anyway, I usually have my TV on during the day while I'm doing things around the house. It happened to be on the day this episode aired. I just happened to walk through the room while he was discussing this recipe and it did get my attention. Apparently, the ingredients in this recipe, somehow help people with certain body types burn fat or something like that. I didn't watch the entire thing, so I don't know any of the details.

I was curious about these brownies, and would love to hear what you think about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes