Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 12:29 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,601,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Those look so pretty! Good enough to eat, for sure!

ETA: I've never had avocado warm. I'm not sure I would like that. But I'd sure love the onion one. Like... now.
You'd love the avocado as well. Warm avacado is a yummy thing. I used to make a lumpy dip using equal amounts of melted cream cheese and hot avacado. I then added fresh salsa to taste always using mild so I could add more. Add some salt and white pepper and perhaps a touch of lemon juice or serve lemon wedges on the side for invidual servings. I always added a cold dip to the layout as well. Having both hot and cold makes a delightful little repast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
Like that onion one. I think I'd scoop up the whole thing and put it on a buttered Bay's English Muffin.
A preference for Bay's is the mark of a gourmet; I congratulate you. I would do as you suggest and add some sour cream as well right on the top.

Try this. Fix some scrambled eggs divided into three piles. Mix salsa, somewhat hot in one pile, Guacamole of your liking into another or just plain avacado but I prefer the former, and sour cream into the third. Put some of each on your plate and try some of two or three in varying proportions so they mix in your mouth. Bay's English Muffins make a perfect foundation.
+
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 02:17 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,825,817 times
It all looks great! But Egg and avocado together sounds odd to me.... But, I know you have to try it..

Old 06-06-2012, 05:04 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Those look so pretty! Good enough to eat, for sure!

ETA: I've never had avocado warm. I'm not sure I would like that. But I'd sure love the onion one. Like... now.
the onion part looks good, I can't wait to try it but I have tried the warm avocado, it works for some people, not for me. I prefer mine in salads, on a sandwhich or guacamole.

Nita

Old 06-06-2012, 05:55 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Egg and avocado is great combo. My favorite omelet from my favorite brunch place has sliced avocado, blue cheese, monterey jack, and walnuts. Delicious.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:55 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,262,125 times
I've see this done with Texas toast also, cut a hole in in it and. Ook the egg... I've recently done this making French toast and using that...put some bacon in some scrabbled eggs and cook them inside the French toast.. Yum!

Old 06-08-2012, 12:37 PM

61,704 posts, read 87,101,195 times
When you make scrambled eggs, add some cream cheese to it! I could not believe how great it taste!!

Old 06-08-2012, 08:08 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,433,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
When you make scrambled eggs, add some cream cheese to it! I could not believe how great it taste!!
And don't forget a big tablespoon of salsa on the finished product!

(No salsa? Add a few or more drops of Tabasco sauce to the buttered pan before you add the eggs )

Old 06-08-2012, 09:26 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,601,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
And don't forget a big tablespoon of salsa on the finished product!

(No salsa? Add a few or more drops of Tabasco sauce to the buttered pan before you add the eggs )
I eat my scrambled eggs French style, cooked slowly and eaten soft with plenty of butter. It's hard to beat that simple but wonderful dish. Regardless of what I may add I wish the egg taste to predominate. Therefore, I don't want it to be hot. Applying liberal doses of hot sauce just to make it hot does nothing but make it impossible to taste and enjoy the food. Hot sauces date from the days before refrigeration. Their original function was to mask the taste of spoiled meat. Now people use them in a way that masks the taste of good meat and other good food.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:35 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,049,743 times
Love those pictures - I eat avocado with eggs often - but baked with feta - yummy - I'll try that!

Old 06-12-2012, 12:21 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,532 times
Mexi-Style :
Scrambled eggs with a 2 tablespoons of chopped green chilies, grated cheese and a teaspoon of chopped fresh cilantro.
(Add a pinch of jalepeno if you want it hot & spicy)

Last edited by Pawporri; 06-12-2012 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: More ingredients
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes