U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 06-05-2012, 02:56 PM
 
Location: Islip,NY
17,475 posts, read 20,838,188 times
Reputation: 18305

Advertisements

I would like to make this in the oven and wondered if anyone has a really good recipe they could share with me. Since my brisket was a success I am ready to try beef tenderloin.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-06-2012, 12:08 PM
 
Location: St. Croix
737 posts, read 2,241,767 times
Reputation: 756
Roast Beef Tenderloin with Port Sauce Recipe at Epicurious.com

My neighbor uses this recipe and I can definitely swear by it having been a recipient/guest for her beef tenderloin. It is expensive and should be treated with care. Hope this helps.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2012, 01:55 PM
 
Location: Northern Illinois
2,187 posts, read 3,600,403 times
Reputation: 6336
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I would like to make this in the oven and wondered if anyone has a really good recipe they could share with me. Since my brisket was a success I am ready to try beef tenderloin.

Hi Lubby - I think I was the one who forwarded your brisket recipe last time. I do not have a recipe of my own for beef tenderloin, but if you check out this link to Taste of Home - they have several. Depending on your taste preferences, and how large the roast is. I know they are an expensive cut of meat and I wouldn't have a clue on my own how to proceed...anyway, maybe something here will inspire you. I use TOH a lot.....Good luck!!

http://www.tasteofhome.com
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2012, 02:16 PM
 
Location: Islip,NY
17,475 posts, read 20,838,188 times
Reputation: 18305
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
Hi Lubby - I think I was the one who forwarded your brisket recipe last time. I do not have a recipe of my own for beef tenderloin, but if you check out this link to Taste of Home - they have several. Depending on your taste preferences, and how large the roast is. I know they are an expensive cut of meat and I wouldn't have a clue on my own how to proceed...anyway, maybe something here will inspire you. I use TOH a lot.....Good luck!!

http://www.tasteofhome.com
yes you did give me the brisket recipe and it was excellent. so far I like some of the recipes for tenderloin on TOH thanks
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2012, 04:39 AM
 
Location: Coastal Georgia
36,979 posts, read 45,424,471 times
Reputation: 61483
My favorite way to serve it is as the main attraction for a buffet. Rub the filet with a bit of oil, salt and pepper. Insert a few slivers of garlic into the meat. Roast at high heat 425-450 until the meat thermometer is about 5 degrees under where you want it (do not cook it past med rare), then rest until room temperature. Do not refrigerate.
Slice thinly and serve with little buns or slices of artisan bread. Serve horseradish sauce or herb garlic butter, or any other condiment you like with it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2012, 06:27 AM
 
Location: Islip,NY
17,475 posts, read 20,838,188 times
Reputation: 18305
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
My favorite way to serve it is as the main attraction for a buffet. Rub the filet with a bit of oil, salt and pepper. Insert a few slivers of garlic into the meat. Roast at high heat 425-450 until the meat thermometer is about 5 degrees under where you want it (do not cook it past med rare), then rest until room temperature. Do not refrigerate.
Slice thinly and serve with little buns or slices of artisan bread. Serve horseradish sauce or herb garlic butter, or any other condiment you like with it.
This sounds good too thanks
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2012, 06:53 AM
 
7,329 posts, read 10,759,909 times
Reputation: 14836
Default Serving 14 Beef Tenderloin Tonight

Just picked up my pre-ordered beef tenderloin from the butcher. He gave me a couple of recipes, but recommended the 20-20-20-20, as the best, because it's simple, and the cut of beef speaks for itself:

20 minutes at Room temperature - rub with olive oil, and pat with cracked peppercorns
20 minutes at 475 degrees to sear it
20 minutes per pound at 375 degrees - For medium well, temp should register 150
20 minutes rest time (for the beef LOL) - it keeps cooking and temp will reach 160

I haven't done one for years, and forget how I cooked them then.

Any pointers? Corrections?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2012, 11:51 AM
 
Location: Islip,NY
17,475 posts, read 20,838,188 times
Reputation: 18305
I did mine in the oven covered with foil (leave the fat on) on 300 degrees for 3 hours.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2012, 04:43 AM
 
7,329 posts, read 10,759,909 times
Reputation: 14836
Thank you.
Beef tenderloin was great! It only took about 2 hours to cook an 8 lb. cut.
20 minutes outside fridge and I rubbed it with EvO and patted it generously with cracked pepper corns. 20 minutes at 475 and it seared nicely
After that, I turned the oven down to 350 for 1 1/2 hours, and the tenderloin came out medium well, with the thicker portion more rare. So there was something for everyone. It served 14 people with not much leftover. Horsey sauce really complimented the meat.
Other: mashed potatoes, limas, hot crab dip, shrimp cocktail, and numerous other dips and delicacies were served. A big hit was my first try at (on-a-4" pick) small moz balls, grape tomatoes and chopped fresh basil marinated in EvO, garlic and red pepper flakes.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top