Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 12:23 PM

20,924 posts, read 28,387,723 times

Advertisements

WW Yogurt Prafait
1 dannon light & fit yogurt (any flavor) 2 points
1 banana cut up or you can use strawberries or blueberries- 0 points
1/3 cup honey bunches of oat with almonds cereal. 1 point

In a small bowl or cup add cereal first, then yogurt, then fruit. Enjoy. It's 4 WW Points plus. You can use any light yogurt you want or greek yogurt but the points might be different. Believe it or not yoplait light is 3 points and dannon light is 2 points. I have this everyday for breakfast. You can use a different cereal too if you wish points might be different for that also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 04:55 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,088,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
I am down gulp.....about 200lbs. Yes, I was a very large girl - decided I wasn't ready to die yet and got off my big fat tuckus and started over. It was my last hope - truly - and it saved and changed my life. My only regrets were allowing myself to get in that shape in the first place, and waiting so long to get the help I needed. Never again......

Wow! Congratulations for doing what you had to do to get there. When you get older it really gets harder to lose. So now I'm old and heavier but have been slowly losing. All these recipes in this post are really great.

A long time ago someone gave me this WW Key Lime Pie recipe - 3 points per serving so I make this when I just have to have something sweet:

1 reduced fat graham crust (sometimes this is hard to find and I make my own with low fat margarine)
1 16 oz sugar free lime jello
1/4 cup boiling water
2 - 6 ounce key lime light yogurt
1 - 8z container fat free cool whip (I save some for the top)

Dissolve jello in the water, stirring with a wire whisk. Stir in the yogurt and then fold in whipped topping and place in the graham crust. Chill a couple of hours or more.
If there is any left I place in sherbert dishes and cover. (and eat as soon as I can)!

Old 06-21-2012, 03:55 PM

859 posts, read 2,147,886 times
Way to go
I am doing WW as well, so far I lost 22 lbs, I am doing it one lb at the time, its hard now my Dad is visiting from germany so I am not working out as I should. But still not giving in and food is staying the same.... have no gained

Keep the recipes coming !!

Old 06-21-2012, 05:21 PM

Chicken with broccoli and garlic sauce

1lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
1/4 cup soy sauce low sodium variety
2/3 cup chicken broth low sodium variety
3 cloves of garlic chopped or sliced thin
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp olive oil.
1/4 water
1 1/2 Tbsp corn starch
1 package birds eye baby broccoli florets or any frozen florets- cook in microwave in bowl for 6 minutes, set aside

Heat a medium sized skillet with olve oil and sesame oil, fry garlic until it gets lightly golden brown. Add chicken and cook until opaque. Add chicken broth and soy sauce and simmer for 6 minutes, add broccoli. I like to thicken my sauces so take 1/4 water mixed with 1 1 /2 tbsp corn starch and stir into chicken until thickened. Serve with Rice.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:38 PM

2,856 posts, read 1,801,671 times
Mustard Chicken 4 servings

Approximately 2 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, skinned

Place meat side down in a shallow pan. Bake in a 400* oven for 30 minutes.

Combine: 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons prepared mustard
1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 small green onions with tops finely chopped

Turn chicken breasts up and spread the above on the chicken parts. Bake 30 minutes more.
Serve with rice (brown rice is wonderful) and green salad.

This recipe came from a Weight Watchers Leader at least 30 years ago---I Love To Eat, Hate to Diet Cookbook.
The tang of the mustard and flavor of the green onions is just wonderful!

Note: Do not weigh the chicken breast myself, may two small ones? The recipe is old, ink smeared and have cooked the chicken in the microwave till done.

Thank you for sharing your recipes and Congradulations on a healthly lifestyle to each of you! Each of us face challenges, especially company. For myself, I still enjoy cooking for myself. Dear Husband went home to the Lord,
February, 2012 and trying Not to make this an excuse. Need to be more consistent about eating times rather than hit or miss.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:53 AM

Here is a dessert that is WW friendly 3 points and very good.

1 fiber one fudge brownie
1/2 cup cut up strawberries and blueberries
2 tbsp FF cool whip or whipped cream in the can

Place brownie on plate, top with fruit then whipped cream. These brownies are good, and very fudgy and only 90 calories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes