U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2012, 06:22 AM

17,469 posts, read 20,811,102 times

Advertisements

1/4 EVOO
4 shallots thinly sliced
1 tbsp fresh minced sage
1 Tbsp fresh minced thyme
1 pound of mixed wild mushrooms or what ever mushrooms your store carries. Don't use button mushrooms because they have minimal flavor.
1/2 tsp kosher slat
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/3 cup dry marsala- do not use cooking wine found in grocery stores.
12 bonelss skinless thighs
1/2 cup chicken broth or homemade stock
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp minced fresh Italian parsley

Pre-heat oven to 400

Heat olive oil in a 14 inch skillet over medium flame. Add the shallots, sage, thyme and cook 5 minutes or until shallots soften. Add the mushroom, season with 1/4 tap salt and pinch of pepper and cook 10 minutes stirring often. Add the Marsala and bring to a boil, cook 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth and transfer to a large roasting pan. Place the chicken on top of the mushroom mixture and season with remaining 1/4 tsp salt and pinch of pepper. Cover with foil and bake 1 hour or until chicken is very tender. I made this and the chicken took less than an hour. check after 30 minutes and see. Uncover and add the cream, adjust seasoning. Serve hot sprinkled with fresh Parsley.I think this can also be cooked in a dutch oven instead of a roasting pan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 08:21 AM

71,663 posts, read 83,230,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
1/4 EVOO
4 shallots thinly sliced
1 tbsp fresh minced sage
1 Tbsp fresh minced thyme
1 pound of mixed wild mushrooms or what ever mushrooms your store carries. Don't use button mushrooms because they have minimal flavor.
1/2 tsp kosher slat
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/3 cup dry marsala- do not use cooking wine found in grocery stores.
12 bonelss skinless thighs
1/2 cup chicken broth or homemade stock
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp minced fresh Italian parsley

Pre-heat oven to 400

Heat olive oil in a 14 inch skillet over medium flame. Add the shallots, sage, thyme and cook 5 minutes or until shallots soften. Add the mushroom, season with 1/4 tap salt and pinch of pepper and cook 10 minutes stirring often. Add the Marsala and bring to a boil, cook 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth and transfer to a large roasting pan. Place the chicken on top of the mushroom mixture and season with remaining 1/4 tsp salt and pinch of pepper. Cover with foil and bake 1 hour or until chicken is very tender. I made this and the chicken took less than an hour. check after 30 minutes and see. Uncover and add the cream, adjust seasoning. Serve hot sprinkled with fresh Parsley.I think this can also be cooked in a dutch oven instead of a roasting pan.
wanted to rep you on this one, but I have to spread it around. It sounds really good especailly when you mention the store cooking wine versus a little better, more quality and dryer wines we get at the wine store. This recipe sounds like something Ina would make;;yummy...Nita

Old 07-02-2012, 01:19 PM

4,937 posts, read 5,226,355 times
Thanks for sharing the recipe, lubby! I'm always interested in new recipes that call for chicken thighs.

Darn, I couldn't rep you too.

Old 07-02-2012, 04:05 PM

I plan on making this again next week. It's so easy and delicious. Check out the red wine and goat cheese risotto I posted too it is supposed to go with this recipe.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:51 PM

940 posts, read 1,357,939 times
I think this will be Thursday's dinner

Old 07-03-2012, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedmustang View Post
I think this will be Thursday's dinner
great let me know how it turned out. Remember cook it for 25 -30 minutes and if chicken is done that's good. 1 Hour seems like a long time for boneless skinless thighs.

Old 07-07-2012, 12:55 PM

36,472 posts, read 43,550,710 times
we only eat breasts at our house. What is the cooking time for breasts? I know thighs are cheaper but I just don't like the taste of anything except breasts.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
we only eat breasts at our house. What is the cooking time for breasts? I know thighs are cheaper but I just don't like the taste of anything except breasts.
I would say after 20 minutes check them, cut with a knife and if they fall apart they are done. I only like the breast too but everyone else I know likes thighs better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or