Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 08:55 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,409,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
We eat alot of chicken too, it gets boring, we eat chicken tacos, shredded bbq chicken, chicken as the crust for pizza, chicken alfredo, sweet and sour, fried, baked, stuffed peppers or shells, you name it we've tried it.
Will you please explain this for me? This is very intrigueing...I could probably think of a thousand other uses for a 'chicken crust' if I knew how to make one.
Koale
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 07:00 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,701,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
There's clear evidence that microwaving a sandwich bag is never a good idea.
Even though I didn't mention microwaving in a bag, that's a very good point...

Old 08-05-2012, 07:06 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,004 times
When I'm low carbing, the chicken crust pizza is awesome!
Something similar to these.
http://youtu.be/k9Cbnwk4BRo

http://yourlighterside.com/easy-pizza-crust/

Old 08-05-2012, 07:06 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,436,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
Even though I didn't mention microwaving in a bag, that's a very good point...
You said... "Put the bags of chicken in the fridge or freezer, when it comes time to heat them up..."

It's that old devil Grammar, playing sneaky tricks again!

Old 08-05-2012, 08:40 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,223,229 times
I make chicken croquettes with boneless, skinless breasts. It's a bit of work, but I make a large batch and freeze some for later use.

I've made them a few different ways, including baking them and frying them. Here is just one recipe, with pictures. Sometimes for a "sauce" I use thickened green pea soup! Believe it or not, it's delicious.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:47 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,090,556 times
Here's my most favorite Chicken Fajitas recipe which I posted earlier. The cayenne pepper isn't really too spicy but you could omit it if you think it might bother you.

fav. recipes and changeups

Here's a couple more chicken recipes you might like:

MOCK BARBEQUE CHICKEN

6 chicken breasts or one cut up chicken
1/2 Envelope Lipton Onion Soup dry mix (Taste and add more dry soup if you want more salty)
8 or10 oz. jar Apricot Preserves
1 Small Bottle Kraft Russian Dressing

Mix soup mix, preserves and russian dressing in a bowl. Let stand 10 minutes. Place chicken in 9 x 13 pan and coat pieces with 1/2 the sauce mixture and let marinade for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Bake at 350 F for one hour uncovered. After 30 minutes use the remainng sauce to cover the chicken and bake 10 minutes more.

LEMON AND BASIL MARINADE FOR GRILLED CHICKEN

Marinade chicken breasts (6) in the following for 24 hours. Any leftover cooked chicken is wonderful on salads or on a sandwich the next day:

Basil and Lemon Marinade
1 Large Clove Garlic - minced fine
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 Tablespoons finely chopped onion
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 cup Meyer Lemon juice (Chinese lemon is a cross between lemon and mandarin orange)
1 Tablespoon Meyer lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Finely chopped apple or chopped pear - Use 1/2 of piece of fruit for natural sweetening - Gala apples are the best (note I have used a couple tablespoons of applesauce before and it worked)
1 Tablespoon honey

Mix together in a blender or food processor and marinade the chicken breasts for 24 hours before grilling. Makes about
1 3/4 cups of marinade. Note: Meyer (Chinese) lemons are the best in this but you can use regular lemons but may have to add a bit more honey as regular lemons are quite a bit more sour than the Meyer Lemons.

Bon appetit!!

Old 08-06-2012, 08:11 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,499,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural chick View Post
Here's my most favorite Chicken Fajitas recipe which I posted earlier. The cayenne pepper isn't really too spicy but you could omit it if you think it might bother you.

fav. recipes and changeups

Here's a couple more chicken recipes you might like:

MOCK BARBEQUE CHICKEN

6 chicken breasts or one cut up chicken
1/2 Envelope Lipton Onion Soup dry mix (Taste and add more dry soup if you want more salty)
8 or10 oz. jar Apricot Preserves
1 Small Bottle Kraft Russian Dressing

Mix soup mix, preserves and russian dressing in a bowl. Let stand 10 minutes. Place chicken in 9 x 13 pan and coat pieces with 1/2 the sauce mixture and let marinade for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Bake at 350 F for one hour uncovered. After 30 minutes use the remainng sauce to cover the chicken and bake 10 minutes more.

LEMON AND BASIL MARINADE FOR GRILLED CHICKEN

Marinade chicken breasts (6) in the following for 24 hours. Any leftover cooked chicken is wonderful on salads or on a sandwich the next day:

Basil and Lemon Marinade
1 Large Clove Garlic - minced fine
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 Tablespoons finely chopped onion
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 cup Meyer Lemon juice (Chinese lemon is a cross between lemon and mandarin orange)
1 Tablespoon Meyer lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Finely chopped apple or chopped pear - Use 1/2 of piece of fruit for natural sweetening - Gala apples are the best (note I have used a couple tablespoons of applesauce before and it worked)
1 Tablespoon honey

Mix together in a blender or food processor and marinade the chicken breasts for 24 hours before grilling. Makes about
1 3/4 cups of marinade. Note: Meyer (Chinese) lemons are the best in this but you can use regular lemons but may have to add a bit more honey as regular lemons are quite a bit more sour than the Meyer Lemons.

Bon appetit!!
These really sound good!!

All of the ideas on this thread are great!! We eat A LOT of chicken breast, and always nice to hear new ways to prepare it! Using it as a crust is so intriguing

Old 08-06-2012, 08:56 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
365 Ways To Cook Chicken (Spiral) : Target

Old 08-06-2012, 09:50 AM

3,244 posts, read 1,309,541 times
Default I made Capt Cave Man Pizza !!! YUM!

Oh my good golly gracious me ! Talk about pure joy in your mouth! Capt, I OWE you big time! All my kids and grand daughter were here over the weekend, and I decided to have my oldest son Nathan, work his majic on our grill. So while he was out there doin the "manly thing" I set up all the goodies. The salad and bread was ready to rock and roll, and I had already prepped the chicken breasts the night before, so all I really had to do was get the vegies and cheeses into serving bowls, and let everyone do their own thing, then Nathan did the grilling. We sat at the picnic table under the pecan trees and had such an amazing time. And the food was so good, there wasn't any leftover at all !
So once more my family proclained me to be "Mom the Bomb", and I proclaimed Nathan to be "Lord of the Gorilla" (that's grill, in Nathan speak), with much pomp and bruhaha. LOL
Anyway, it fortified all of us in our efforts to continue cleaning out our storage container (48' long!) and organize all our stuff for a massive yard sale. Whew!
So again, thank you so much for putting smiles on all our faces. It was doggone delicious!

Old 08-06-2012, 10:29 AM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times
Ginger lime chicken:
4 chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 Tbsp Honey
fresh lime juice, I use 1 lime
2 tsp fresh grated ginger or 1 tsp dried ginger
2 cloves of garlic minced
Mix all of the above in a bowl, add chicken and marinate at least 1 hour. Saute in a pan until cooked through, serve over rice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes