U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2012, 01:44 PM

3,244 posts, read 1,057,564 times

Advertisements

Everyone for helping me pull off an amazing meal and evening for DH's boss and wife. The Chicken Cordon Bleu turned out absolutely perfect as did everything. The pecans and the cocktails were a big hit too, and I was concerned about the apple martini, but they loved it, and said that they were going to make them at home too.
She asked for the recipe for the CCB, and I happily told her I got it from you Lubby! So I passed it on to her. She said she was going to make it for her in-laws who would be coming to visit this comimg weekend. She is so happy to be making something so tasty and pretty to impress them with. She also asked me for my "Butterfly Rolls" recipe, which I got from my Great Aunt Ruby many years ago. Her hubby had a blast with the chocolate fondue and grinned with every bite, not unlike a little kid.
The evening passed so quickly even though they didn't leave until nearly midnight.
We all ended up sitting outside and DH lit the firepit and I turned on the fairy lights. We carried our coffee and brandy out with us, and just chatted the night away. It was wonderful!
The whole evening was very nice, and when it was over,DH hugged me so tight and told me how proud I made him feel and how grateful he is that I am his wife.

You know.... he is a man of few words most of the time, and not exactly the most romantic man either, although he is affectionate.... but he was just beaming all evening, and was so charming.
Saturday morning DH brought me coffee in bed, and that's not all!
So again my friends... A great big heartfelt THANK YOU! I could not have pulled it off so well without all of your help!
Oh! She asked us if we would come to her dinner party next month. I told her we'd be pleased to come and asked her if there was anything I could bring, and she said, yes, she would love it if I'd bring the pecans! Awesome!
Life is good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 02:43 PM

2,050 posts, read 1,230,302 times
you have discovered the beauty that lies within the beast of a public forum!!
That your dinner turned out so well is wonderful news..........and sounds like many more to come!!

Time to put your 'happy dance' shoes on and shine!!

PS. Lubby's recipes rock. Also, loved your blog......what a sweetheart!!

Old 08-26-2012, 03:49 PM

3,647 posts, read 4,747,598 times
Yeah!!! Glad it went well.

Old 08-26-2012, 04:24 PM

24,804 posts, read 23,744,766 times
It sounds as though it was a great evening! I'm so happy that it all turned out well. I've only had to entertain the boss a few times in my life, but I remember feeling a little hysterical just before the couple arrived.

I love pecans, martini's, chicken cordon blue, chocolate fondue and fires. I wanna come to your house!

Old 08-26-2012, 05:00 PM

12,054 posts, read 20,213,524 times
What a wonderful evening. Sounds like it went even better than you thought it would, so I am very happy for you.

Old 08-26-2012, 06:31 PM

3,244 posts, read 1,057,564 times
Thank you again for everything! I did have a great time, (I think DH did even more than I did!) and I was as nervous as I could be before they arrived... but I was put at ease when I saw their sweet smiles. They were so kind and gracious. They brought me yellow daffodills and Irises in a lovely chinese vase. I was delighted! Two of my favorite flowers! And we just seemed to hit it off from the start.
Thank you Maggie! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to "Ruby's World"! Everyone is welcome there. I sure had a good time when you stopped by!
Gerania, you really should make Lubby's CCB!!! Amazing! You would not regret it!
Thanks Antiques and SMX! I've got some great friends here, and have learned a lot of marvelous recipes too. I'm planning on using the suggestions I got from everyone for future dinners.
I hope everyone has a wonderful evening and an ever better tomorrow!

Old 08-28-2012, 05:10 PM

1,470 posts, read 1,703,896 times
Congratulations! Glad to hear it worked out so well.

Old 08-31-2012, 03:47 PM

17,478 posts, read 20,838,188 times
I am glad the chicken cordon bleu was a hit. I love sharing my recipes. Gald the evening tunred out well and glad hubby gave you that little extra something the next morning LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or