Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2018, 03:24 PM

1,541 posts, read 1,135,583 times

Advertisements

I wanted to share what turned out to be a really tasty and very easy dessert. I'm going to call it "Pumpkin Whip"

2 C of canned pumpkin
1/4 C brown sugar (more if you like sweeter)
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t ginger
1/4 t nutmeg
8 oz low fat room temp cream cheese

Beat all of above ingredients until well blended.

Fold in about 2 C low fat plain Greek yogurt.

Put in pretty parfait glasses, serve chilled.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. (my favorite holiday :-))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2018, 04:17 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,689,058 times
Oh yum, sounds delicious!

Thanks for the recipe...

Old 11-30-2018, 12:44 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,037,270 times
Thanks for the rep (and the recipe idea!).

Old 10-17-2020, 10:05 AM

23,787 posts, read 33,229,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyMae521 View Post
I wanted to share what turned out to be a really tasty and very easy dessert. I'm going to call it "Pumpkin Whip"

2 C of canned pumpkin
1/4 C brown sugar (more if you like sweeter)
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t ginger
1/4 t nutmeg
8 oz low fat room temp cream cheese

Beat all of above ingredients until well blended.

Fold in about 2 C low fat plain Greek yogurt.

Put in pretty parfait glasses, serve chilled.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. (my favorite holiday :-))
Thanks, I'm going to try to make it for Thanksgiving. I have some pumpkin lovers in the house and some pretty pink parfait glasses I rarely get to use.

Old 10-17-2020, 01:38 PM

1,541 posts, read 1,135,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Thanks, I'm going to try to make it for Thanksgiving. I have some pumpkin lovers in the house and some pretty pink parfait glasses I rarely get to use.
Thanks for waking up this thread and reminding me of the pumpkin whip recipe. I hope you enjoy it.

Here is a pumpkin pie recipe that was posted a few years ago by Cliffie (I copied and pasted from Cliffie's post on page 2 of the "pumpkin pie" thread started by AliceT. - Thanks Cliffie) It calls for tofu instead of milk or eggs. I've been making it every year since Cliffie posted it and it is mighty good. I found the silken tofu to be much easier to use than any other firmness and I use twice the pumpkin called for. (I buy the big cans of pumpkin- 29 oz) I also increase the molasses to probably 1/4 C (I like molasses) and I just use my mixer to blend ingredients.. not a food processor or blender. Drain and pat the tofu dry as much as you can before adding to the batter so the batter is not too wet. The increased pumpkin makes two smaller pies or one nice deep big one. One deep big one may need to bake a bit longer.

I guess it's that time of year again. :-)

Cliffie's Tofu Pumpkin Pie

1 15-oz can pumpkin
1 whole block of tofu -- anything from silken tofu all the way up to extra-firm is fine
1 c packed dark-brown sugar
1/2 Tbsp molasses
1 tsp each cinnamon and pumpkin-pie spice (or more to taste)
1/4 tsp salt

Empty the pumpkin into a large bowl; use a potato masher to combine it with the flavorings before adding the chopped-up tofu. mash those together too, then whiz in SMALL BATCHES in the blender or food processor to create a smooth mixture with no white lumps left in it. This will be a long ordeal if you use extra-firm tofu, but firm silken is very substantial and holds its shape perfectly without taking all night to blend. Pour the resulting mixture into whatever piecrust you like -- I like a homemade no-roll crust but my diners are just as happy when I use PetRitz -- and be sure to smooth the top of the pie with a spatula, because any peaks and valleys will become a permanent part of the pie with this recipe. Bake at 350 degrees for an hour and you're home free.

Last edited by LilyMae521; 10-17-2020 at 01:56 PM..

Old 10-19-2020, 08:06 PM

5,415 posts, read 6,051,820 times
LilyMae both of your recipes sound great. The tofu pumpkin pie reminds me of the one way I have successfully gotten my husband to eat tofu, through a chocolate "cream" pie made with silken tofu.

Old 10-22-2020, 10:10 AM

11,902 posts, read 8,221,751 times
Interesting modern takes on very old flavors.

How about layering the whip with ginger cookie crumbs? That would be eye-catching.

Old 10-22-2020, 10:50 AM

13,034 posts, read 17,906,202 times
This thread is making me hungry and concerned at the same time. Thanksgiving for us has been DH & I until my sister moved a mile from us last year. We will be together, but I am wondering if people will be gathering for Thanksgiving this year as in the past.

Old 10-22-2020, 07:40 PM

20,810 posts, read 28,131,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
This thread is making me hungry and concerned at the same time. Thanksgiving for us has been DH & I until my sister moved a mile from us last year. We will be together, but I am wondering if people will be gathering for Thanksgiving this year as in the past.
Our family will it's just a matter of who and how many. I think it may just be my mom, MIL and husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes