U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2012, 09:09 PM

803 posts, read 1,616,929 times

Advertisements

i saw a nectresse commercial and saw thats its a new product from splenda. has anyone tried it? if u did, whats your opinion? its made from monk fruit and i dont know if thats good or bad.

im hesitant to try any new sweetener products because theres always something sayin its bad for you. although i like sweet n low, any nutritionist will say that sweet n low, equal, splenda, stevia, are all bad for your health. and with nectresse being a new product and all, im sure there will be some similiar reviews as well..

how about liquid nectar? from the agave fruit.. like nectresse it also claims to be all 100% natural.

so if u tried any of these or heard anything about these products let me know, tell me what u think.
thanx!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 02:51 AM

1,234 posts, read 936,894 times
I think the Nectresse product came out in 2012 and not sure it sold well. I found it on clearance last week so I thought I'd try it.

a serving size is 1/4 teaspoon, which the manufacturer claims is as sweet as 1 teaspoon of regular sugar. But the nectresse has zero calories for a 1/4 tsp serving.

It's made by the Splenda company but does not contain Splenda. Its erythritol (sugar alcohol), and survives baking and dissolves in hot tea. I haven't tried it in coffee.

The immediate taste is a very fruity-sweetness, and it has some 'different' aftertaste, but nothing chemical-y like Sweet n Low. I *never* could be satisifed by Sweet n Low/Equal. I haven't got around to trying Truvia or Stevia.

Here is the manufacturers' website:
Natural No Calorie Sweetener | NECTRESSE® Sweetener

Old 08-19-2014, 05:19 AM

24,671 posts, read 58,108,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy612 View Post
im hesitant to try any new sweetener products because theres always something sayin its bad for you. although i like sweet n low, any nutritionist will say that sweet n low, equal, splenda, stevia, are all bad for your health.
Lard is bad for you, butter is better. A few years later, butter is bad for you, lard is better. I don't think there's any foodstuff that hasn't gone through these swings where one's consumption and health is concerned. Unless you're planning on confining your diet to massive amounts of any one thing, eat what you want! I use sweeteners in coffee/tea once a day and, when I restock, pick up whatever's the least expensive.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:28 AM

7,099 posts, read 9,304,568 times
How can stevia possibly be bad for you? It's the ground leaf of a leafy, non-poisonous plant. It even adds a mere whiff more of green vegetables to your diet.

Old 12-13-2015, 06:08 AM

4,530 posts, read 5,378,614 times
I love Nectresse but it looks like it's been discontinued [Supbud was correct], and now there's been some wacky class-action lawsuit against them, too.

A quick taste test indicated it has much less aftertaste than Stevia, but maybe that's just me..

Monk fruit is available on Amazon, but expensive.

Long article on sweeteners here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/05/ma...tute.html?_r=2

Old 12-13-2015, 06:35 AM

4,530 posts, read 5,378,614 times
Nectresse Natural No Calorie Sweetener Class Action Lawsuit Investigation

Old 12-18-2015, 07:18 AM

4,723 posts, read 13,894,301 times
Stevia, all I use now. As another poster pointed out, it's from the Stevia plant.
I only buy pure Stevia, nothing else in the ingredients.

Old 12-18-2015, 07:35 AM

3,499 posts, read 2,350,245 times
Type 2 diabetic here, I use pure Stevia which I special order. It is not "cut" with Maltodextrin but pure Stevia which is 300x sweeter than sugar. To give you an idea just how concentrated it is, 1 teaspoon of pure Stevia equals 1 cup of sugar. Most of the Stevia that is sold at the supermarket contains maltodextrin which will raise your blood sugar, the pure stuff will not.

It is a 100% natural product
http://www.amazon.com/All-Natural-St...ds=pure+stevia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or