U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 01:16 PM

7,350 posts, read 10,792,272 times

Advertisements

I did a search, and can't see where this has been discussed. I'm looking for a Peach Crisp Recipe, and I'll have to probably triple the recipe. I've got at least 40-45 people coming, but will have other desserts, too (homemade peach ice cream and grape salad, which is like a dessert). Anybody have a favorite peach crisp recipe? I was going to make peach cobbler, but if I triple it, I'm afraid it won't cook well enough in my extra large pan. I've got so many things to make, fix, clean, and do, that I think Peach Crisp might be the easiest, and I'll make it the night before. Thanks for whatever you can offer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 01:33 PM

2,187 posts, read 3,613,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
I did a search, and can't see where this has been discussed. I'm looking for a Peach Crisp Recipe, and I'll have to probably triple the recipe. I've got at least 40-45 people coming, but will have other desserts, too (homemade peach ice cream and grape salad, which is like a dessert). Anybody have a favorite peach crisp recipe? I was going to make peach cobbler, but if I triple it, I'm afraid it won't cook well enough in my extra large pan. I've got so many things to make, fix, clean, and do, that I think Peach Crisp might be the easiest, and I'll make it the night before. Thanks for whatever you can offer!
Hi....I love fresh peaches but I really don't care much for them in pies or cooked in any way BUT I did search around and found a site you may find helpful. I am attaching a link - Peach recipes: Great things to make from fresh peaches
and it has a couple of variations for peach crisp - one using Splenda even. I do make apple crisp in the fall mostly and the first recipe is pretty close except for the fruit choice. I do make peach cobbler for my husband though, and I even have a diabetic version that he has no idea is a "special" recipe. You're probably right about a cobbler that large - may be a bit soggy in the middle and a little too done on the edges. I'm guessing you are using fresh peaches instead of frozen or canned? Good luck and don't forget to take a break in the middle of all that work!!!!

Old 07-08-2013, 02:36 PM

3,185 posts, read 7,059,997 times
Smitten Kitchen has a Peach and Pecan Sandy Crumble that sounds great peach and pecan sandy crumble | smitten kitchen

Old 07-08-2013, 02:52 PM

17,486 posts, read 20,921,240 times
Ok so I made my peach crumble as I call it. Basically a peach pie with no bottom crust but I made a crumb topping for the top.Here's my recipe:
2 24 oz cans sliced cling peaches rinsed and drained
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup cornstarch
Mix all of the above ingedients together in a large bowl and set aside

Crumb topping
1 stick butter
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
Mix together in a seperate bowl until crumbly, sprinkle crumbs evenly on top of peaches. Bake on 350 for 45 minutes.
I tasted a tiny spoonful and it wasn't bad. The real test will be tomorrow night. A little too sweet IMO maybe next time I will omitt the br. sugar. This is my recipe it can be tripled. I used canned because I made this when peaches were out of season and it was good. Fresh is better though.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:59 PM

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the responses and I'll print them all!

I'll be using fresh peaches...it's a Peach Festival party (3 weeks away) and the peach farm is almost on my doorstep.

Old 07-08-2013, 05:39 PM

2,187 posts, read 3,613,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Thanks so much! I really appreciate the responses and I'll print them all!

I'll be using fresh peaches...it's a Peach Festival party (3 weeks away) and the peach farm is almost on my doorstep.

Hey, I subscribe to this magazine and found this that might interest you - Peach Ice Cream - it looks delicious!!!! Here's a link if you are interested: Peach Ice Cream | Midwest Living

Old 07-11-2013, 11:33 AM

7,672 posts, read 9,915,009 times
You probably had the party already but I found a ridiculously easy recipe that made me totally doubt it at first. Made it and wow, it was entirely consumed. I don't have a sweet tooth and don't like to bake, so I don't do a lot of from scratch baking. This was perfect for me to serve at a bbq recently with about 10 people. I made two.

Dump slices of peaches into a oven safe dish. (I used about 3 cups worth sliced in a square pyrex pan) Sprinkle a box of cake mix on top. Pour a can of 7 up or Sprite over it. Don't mix or stir. The recipe didn't call for it, but I dotted the top with bits of butter. About half of a stick. I may not bake but I know butter should be a mainstay in any baked dish.

Bake at 350 for at least 30 minutes or till golden brown and peaches are soft. It depends on the peaches and how ripe etc. You can also sub out the peaches for 2 small bags of frozen berries or 3 cups of berries of choice. Etc.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
Hey, I subscribe to this magazine and found this that might interest you - Peach Ice Cream - it looks delicious!!!! Here's a link if you are interested: Peach Ice Cream | Midwest Living
Oh, Thanks for that!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
You probably had the party already but I found a ridiculously easy recipe that made me totally doubt it at first. Made it and wow, it was entirely consumed. I don't have a sweet tooth and don't like to bake, so I don't do a lot of from scratch baking. This was perfect for me to serve at a bbq recently with about 10 people. I made two.

Dump slices of peaches into a oven safe dish. (I used about 3 cups worth sliced in a square pyrex pan) Sprinkle a box of cake mix on top. Pour a can of 7 up or Sprite over it. Don't mix or stir. The recipe didn't call for it, but I dotted the top with bits of butter. About half of a stick. I may not bake but I know butter should be a mainstay in any baked dish.

Bake at 350 for at least 30 minutes or till golden brown and peaches are soft. It depends on the peaches and how ripe etc. You can also sub out the peaches for 2 small bags of frozen berries or 3 cups of berries of choice. Etc.
No, the party is in 3 weeks. And, that's a great recipe! Looks delicious - and easy! Thank you!

Old 07-18-2013, 03:48 PM

7,106 posts, read 9,342,708 times
I would just toss the peaches in a little sugar and spice -- to each 6 C sliced peaches you add 1/2 c sugar, 1 Tbsp flour and 1/2 tsp cinnamon -- spread them in a greased baking dish, and top with this mixture: 1 C each rolled oats, brown sugar and flour, with 1 stick butter cut in until it forms heavy crumbs. Bake 45 mins at 425 degrees. That's enough to fill a 9x13 baking pan.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:24 AM

3,373 posts, read 3,782,718 times
Sounds too sweet Clif. When I make peach crisp, I don't treat the peaches at all. There's flour and sugar in the topping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or