Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 03:26 PM

451 posts, read 768,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
And anything with bacon is ... yum.
I heard somewhere a long time ago that wrapping something in bacon was like a culinary apology. I disagree. I say, wrapping something in bacon means, "I love you."

You could tweak this recipe in all kinds of ways, depending on what you like. Hubs and I don't care much for onions or bell peppers, I like jalapenos but he doesn't, so I just left it plain. I have a friend who makes sausage like this and cooks it in his smoker. He usually does one stuffed with cheddar and hash browns, one with cream cheese and peppers, and one other. It's super yummy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 04:39 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,842,271 times
What if you mixed shredded cheese with the ground beef, then make the log, cover with bacon, and bake it. You'd have a sort of "bacony" philly cheese concoction - a "Bacon-Philly Log." And it wouldn't be dry because the cheese is in with the beef.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:45 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,588,254 times
You need a panade for your meat log -- simply fresh bread crumbs moistened with milk and mixed into the beef. It really helps a meat log stay tender and moist.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:34 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,793,268 times
Buffalo chicken crack

Dice up chicken, salt/pepper/flour lightly. Cook till done in melted butter. Set aside. Saute diced celery and onion in the same pan, adding more butter as needed. Set aside.

In a large oven safe dish, add 2 bricks of room temperature cream cheese, about 1/2 - 1 cup of favorite wing sauce (Frank's Red hot is a current fave) and about 2 cups of sharp shredded cheese and a packet of ranch seasoning OR 2 tbsp of Penzey's ranch spices mix (love this stuff). If you don't like ranch, you can sub both the cheddar and ranch for 1 cup of crumbled blue cheese, (I use stilton or roquefort piccante)

Mix all together and stir in chicken, celery and onion. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Then broil till top is golden and sizzling. Serve up with bread.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:28 PM

451 posts, read 768,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
You need a panade for your meat log -- simply fresh bread crumbs moistened with milk and mixed into the beef. It really helps a meat log stay tender and moist.
I first read this as "You need a parade for your meat log." As in, "That sounds so good, we should throw a parade in its honor!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes