Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2013, 11:26 AM

1,258 posts, read 2,445,757 times

Advertisements

I have the following ingredients:

Shredded lettuce
Shredded carrots
Leftover grillled chicken
Whole wheat wraps
light zesty italian dressing
parsley
lemon juice
salt
pepper

I was thinking of combining the dressing with some lemon juice to make it less thick. The combine the dressing mixture with the carrots, shredded lettuce, minced parsley, and chicken. Does that sound good? How can I give the wrap a grilled taste/texture? I could either put it in a fry pan and spray some cooking spray on it and heat it until it gets crispy or I could put it on my gas grill, which would be better? If I grilled it what heat should I use?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 12:50 PM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Use the gas grill for the chicken. You might consider marinating it in that dressing. You can slap the wrap on the grill just after the chicken is cooked, while it's resting.

Personally, I'd mix just a little of the dressing with the greens before I put it in the wrap. Not too much or else it will just soak the wrap. Then I'd cut the chicken in slices and pile the chicken on top of the greens.

I'd also add tomato and cucumber and maybe leave out the carrots, but that's just me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes