U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-08-2013, 06:54 PM
 
Location: Islip,NY
16,929 posts, read 19,666,757 times
Reputation: 17186

Advertisements

1 lb. boneless chicken breast cut into small cubes
2 garlic cloves minced
1 medium sweet onion sliced thin
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar plus 2 Tbsp.
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 Tsp. kosher salt
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cup chicken broth

Heat a large skillet on medium high heat, sprinkle salt on chicken then coat chicken with cornstarch and add to it the pan.Cook until almost opaque. Remove from pan and add onions and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes. Add 2 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar and cook until onions get caramelized. Add chicken back into pan. Add broth and 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar and cook about 5-6 minutes more. Chicken will taste moist and soft. Serve over rice or pasta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-08-2013, 07:01 PM
 
Location: Alaska
4,946 posts, read 4,336,411 times
Reputation: 7087
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
1 lb. boneless chicken breast cut into small cubes
2 garlic cloves minced
1 medium sweet onion sliced thin
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar plus 2 Tbsp.
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 Tsp. kosher salt
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cup chicken broth

Heat a large skillet on medium high heat, sprinkle salt on chicken then coat chicken with cornstarch and add to it the pan.Cook until almost opaque. Remove from pan and add onions and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes. Add 2 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar and cook until onions get caramelized. Add chicken back into pan. Add broth and 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar and cook about 5-6 minutes more. Chicken will taste moist and soft. Serve over rice or pasta.

I prepared something very similar about a month ago. There wasn't a recipe - I improvise a lot. Even if I wanted to repeat the recipe, I would have to wing-it.

How was it? Any changes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2013, 07:02 AM
 
57 posts, read 83,560 times
Reputation: 77
Your recipe is really good and interesting. I also added most of the balsamic all at once turning the chicken once but mainly keeping the bottoms down to prevent the chicken from darkening too much in the balsamic. Also I'd like to note to keep an eye on the heat when you are 'finishing' the chicken as you don't want the balsamic to reduce too much. Good job all in all..thanks so much for the recipe..It’s a keeper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2013, 09:07 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,259 posts, read 79,427,308 times
Reputation: 38626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturen View Post
I prepared something very similar about a month ago. There wasn't a recipe - I improvise a lot. Even if I wanted to repeat the recipe, I would have to wing-it.

How was it? Any changes?
sounds more like the way I cook. When I am fixing something for a pot luck or a group and know some might want the recipe, I usually try to measure or at least make a list of what I use, but otherwise I rarely use real recipes. I do think Lubby's recipe sounds good..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2013, 03:57 PM
 
Location: Islip,NY
16,929 posts, read 19,666,757 times
Reputation: 17186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturen View Post
I prepared something very similar about a month ago. There wasn't a recipe - I improvise a lot. Even if I wanted to repeat the recipe, I would have to wing-it.

How was it? Any changes?
It was great! I actually just made it up at the last minute. Something which I am really good at doing. I play around with ingredients and 9 times out of 10 it's a hit. No changes just make as is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2013, 03:58 PM
 
Location: Islip,NY
16,929 posts, read 19,666,757 times
Reputation: 17186
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrew834 View Post
Your recipe is really good and interesting. I also added most of the balsamic all at once turning the chicken once but mainly keeping the bottoms down to prevent the chicken from darkening too much in the balsamic. Also I'd like to note to keep an eye on the heat when you are 'finishing' the chicken as you don't want the balsamic to reduce too much. Good job all in all..thanks so much for the recipe..It’s a keeper.
I actually like the sauce slightly thick. Hence the reason for coating the chicken in cornstarch plus it makes the chicken moist and tender.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2013, 04:29 PM
 
Location: Kountze, Texas
1,013 posts, read 1,096,358 times
Reputation: 1254
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
1 lb. boneless chicken breast cut into small cubes
2 garlic cloves minced
1 medium sweet onion sliced thin
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar plus 2 Tbsp.
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 Tsp. kosher salt
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cup chicken broth

Heat a large skillet on medium high heat, sprinkle salt on chicken then coat chicken with cornstarch and add to it the pan.Cook until almost opaque. Remove from pan and add onions and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes. Add 2 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar and cook until onions get caramelized. Add chicken back into pan. Add broth and 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar and cook about 5-6 minutes more. Chicken will taste moist and soft. Serve over rice or pasta.

I think you may have solved my "what to make for dinner" question of the day. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2013, 05:15 PM
 
Location: Islip,NY
16,929 posts, read 19,666,757 times
Reputation: 17186
Quote:
Originally Posted by House4kids View Post
I think you may have solved my "what to make for dinner" question of the day. Thanks!
You are welcome, let me know how it turned out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top