Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2013, 03:06 PM

20,822 posts, read 28,155,148 times

Advertisements

This is the way I made it last night

2 cups cooked white rice
1 cup frozen peas thawed
1 steam in the bag broccoli florets-cooked according to package directions
3 eggs scrambles separately.
1 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce.
3 tbsp. canola oil

cook rice according to package directions- I made 4 servings. Heat oil in a large skillet and add onions and garlic. Cook on medium high until onions just start to get translucent. add cooked rice and soy sauce. Turn heat on high and fry rice until rice gets slightly crispy. Add peas and broccoli. In a small skillet scramble 3 eggs, add to rice and stir well. You can add more soy sauce at the end if you like. Works well in a wok but I don't have one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 03:08 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,212,163 times
Easy enough...thanks for sharing. Gonna give it a go this weekend.

Old 12-03-2013, 03:49 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,840,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post

2 cups cooked white rice
1 cup frozen peas thawed
1 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
3 tbsp. canola oil

cook rice according to package directions- I made 4 servings. Heat oil in a large skillet and add onions and garlic. Cook on medium high until onions just start to get translucent. add cooked rice and soy sauce. Turn heat on high and fry rice until rice gets slightly crispy. Add peas and broccoli. In a small skillet scramble 3 eggs, add to rice and stir well. You can add more soy sauce at the end if you like. Works well in a wok but I don't have one.
Sound so good, I see some scrambled eggs in some Chinese /Japanese dishes I think I'd use brown rice though

Old 12-03-2013, 03:54 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,723,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post

2 cups cooked white rice
1 cup frozen peas thawed
1 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
3 tbsp. canola oil

I have tried to make fried rice so many times but somehow it just doesn't end up tasting exactly like what I get at restaurants. I really need to try making it again.

Thanks for the recipe!

Old 12-05-2013, 04:42 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,728,261 times
Tip I saw for fried rice was make sure the cooked rice is chilled. I make it the day before or the morning of and put it in the fridge. It firms up the rice and keeps them separated. At the end of cooking, I add a touch of sesame oil. Those two things gives me the take out flavor.

Old 12-06-2013, 04:24 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,761,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
Tip I saw for fried rice was make sure the cooked rice is chilled. I make it the day before or the morning of and put it in the fridge. It firms up the rice and keeps them separated. At the end of cooking, I add a touch of sesame oil. Those two things gives me the take out flavor.
Good tips . What's missing from most home-cooked wok dishes is the "wok hei" flavor and aroma that comes from properly using a very hot wok. I use a 65,000 BTU gas wok burner to achieve this but it has to be used outside (or in the garage). It really makes a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes