U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 12:11 PM

18,434 posts, read 29,397,464 times

Advertisements

Well these are cooling. I accidentally made 45 servings so they will be smaller serving sizes, but that is ok. I can give more to the baristas. I'll give the one who requested it his own plate of them.

I think the brownies are next!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
Hi Pik....I have a great recipe for an easy bar cookie that I make on a pretty regular basis and it is delicious. I got it off the inside of a package of Land o Lakes Butter and it's called:

DOUBLE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BARS
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) Land o Lakes Margerine, softened (I use whatever brand I have)
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter (can also use smooth if you prefer)
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 T. sugar (granulated or the coarse raw kind works great - not confectioners)
35 milk chocolate kisses (Hersheys)

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13x9 baking pan with foil leaving a 1-inch overhang and set it aside.

Combine brown sugar, margarine, and peanut butter in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often,until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla. Continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low and add flour, baking powder and baking soda. Beat until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips.

Pat dough into prepared pan. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until a golden brown. Immediately press evenly spaced chocolate candies into warm bars. Cool Completely. Remove bars from pan using the edges of foil to lift. Cut into bars - cutting between the candies. Makes 35 bars.

Get out some cold milk and dive in!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 05:11 PM

1,780 posts, read 3,403,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Well I went in. I had to sit in Starbucks for an hour and talk about it and work the nerve up. I felt so strange even walking up to it and when I went in, I felt like everyone was looking at me....

Weirdo, I know... LOL. I have no idea what I am going to do with all of that. My barista asked me if I was going to make chocolate margaritas.... nope.

I guess I'll have to do a boatload of baking.....
I'm so proud of you! You were brave! It's not like you were going to go home and drink it!

Anyway, it keeps forever, so enjoy your chocolate yummies!

PS: Enjoy the brownies when you get to them. I'd suggest the Italian Choc. cookie frosting. Over the top!

Old 01-07-2014, 05:22 PM

2,967 posts, read 4,165,738 times
Chocolate and magical?

Make him a chocolate peanut butter Unicorn.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
Chocolate and magical?

Make him a chocolate peanut butter Unicorn.
You know, I never thought of that!

Old 01-09-2014, 12:54 PM

17,470 posts, read 20,825,105 times
Why would you feel weird going into a liquor store?

Old 01-09-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Why would you feel weird going into a liquor store?
You know, I don't drink. When I was 37 I tried a couple of drinks and that is about it.

It just feels strange to me. I did go in and get it.

Old 01-09-2014, 08:32 PM

1,752 posts, read 3,737,452 times
Here's one of my favorite chocolate / peanut mixtures. It's quick, easy and always a hit.

Chocolate Peanut Bars

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup peanut butter chips
1 1/4 cups condensed milk
1 cup salted. roasted peanuts, finely chopped

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 11x7 baking pan with cooking spray and line with foil. Coat again with cooking spray.

2. Whisk together flour, sugar and baking powder in a bowl. Stir in butter and vanilla extract. Press crust into bottom of pan. Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Cool.

3. Combine chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and condensed milk in saucepan. Melt over low to medium low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and even. Spread chocolate mixture over crust with a spatula. Press peanuts firmly into top of chocolate mixture. Cool to room temperature, then chill until firm. Cut into bars.

Old 01-11-2014, 05:40 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,490,850 times
I have this really easy Fudge Brownie Cake recipe which my friend gave me. You can't go wrong with this recipe! It is so good, it oozes magical things for all who eat it. (Pikantari....I owed you after using your banana bread recipe which was tops!)

Fudge Brownie Cake

1 Chocolate Cake Mix
1 Fudge Brownie Mix (I use the Betty Crocker pouch one - 10.25 oz size, but you can use a box one, any brand but don't use the family size. When using anything but the 10.25 oz, you might have to had a bit of water.)
4 eggs
1 cup water
1 cup oil
1 cup chopped walnuts (can be omitted)

Do not use the ingredients on the mix boxes. Use only the ones stated above.

Grease and lightly flour a bundt cake pan. Preheat oven to 350 F.

Mix all ingredients in the order given. Pour into greased/floured bundt pan. Bake this for 50 to 55 minutes at 350. My oven takes only 45 minutes.

Drizzle powdered sugar frosting or buy canned chocolate frosting and warm up about 1/2 of the can and drizzle over the cake.

Note: to cut the fat content, I sometimes use 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup applesauce instead of the 1 cup of oil. (I always use this method for cake mixes to cut the fat)

Old 01-11-2014, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural chick View Post
I have this really easy Fudge Brownie Cake recipe which my friend gave me. You can't go wrong with this recipe! It is so good, it oozes magical things for all who eat it. (Pikantari....I owed you after using your banana bread recipe which was tops!)

Fudge Brownie Cake

1 Chocolate Cake Mix
1 Fudge Brownie Mix (I use the Betty Crocker pouch one - 10.25 oz size, but you can use a box one, any brand but don't use the family size. When using anything but the 10.25 oz, you might have to had a bit of water.)
4 eggs
1 cup water
1 cup oil
1 cup chopped walnuts (can be omitted)

Do not use the ingredients on the mix boxes. Use only the ones stated above.

Grease and lightly flour a bundt cake pan. Preheat oven to 350 F.

Mix all ingredients in the order given. Pour into greased/floured bundt pan. Bake this for 50 to 55 minutes at 350. My oven takes only 45 minutes.

Drizzle powdered sugar frosting or buy canned chocolate frosting and warm up about 1/2 of the can and drizzle over the cake.

Note: to cut the fat content, I sometimes use 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup applesauce instead of the 1 cup of oil. (I always use this method for cake mixes to cut the fat)
Ooooh I just bought a new bundt cake pan a few months ago that I haven't used yet!

Glad you enjoyed the banana nut bread! I am making it today!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes