Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 09:56 PM

24 posts, read 51,571 times

Advertisements

pineapple-cherry dump cake
recipe makes 1 cake
1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple
1 (18.25 ounce) yellow cake mix
1 cup butter or margarine if you don't have this try a can of ginger-ale it works make sure to use shortening on the pan before adding ingredients

Directions

Lightly grease a 9 x 12 pan. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
Pour pie filling into bottom of pan,
on top of that add pineapple. dump dry cake mix on top of pineapple.
add Sliced butter or margarine over cake mix.
Bake at 325 degrees F for 35 to 45 minutes.
This cake is best when served warm.

This recipe will work well with any two favorite fruits and a cake mix and a can of soda.. just dump ingredients into a greased 9 x 12 pan stir quick and bake for 30 -40 minutes basically for bake time use the box mix for the best time and pan to use..
The most commonly used combinations are yellow with pineapple white with peach chocolate with cherry and of course a can of Ginger ale and or sprite for the soda to add but you can use dr pepper or fresca even lemonade to add a flare of your own and mix the cake and fruit combinations as you like.. the variations are endless you can make a quick dessert every night and never get tired of the same one twice.. come back here to post the new trials and what ones you tried and love.. to share with others.. they are like i said endless and very simple and easy

enjoy..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2014, 06:27 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times
Dump cakes are yummy!

Old 03-22-2014, 03:09 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,753,298 times
I love dump cake.

Old 03-22-2014, 05:00 PM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
I'll be watching....I have a lemon cake mix in the pantry.....what do you recommend? Did I understand that you only use soda....if you don't have the butter?

Old 03-23-2014, 01:22 PM

4,152 posts, read 7,934,805 times
I like to put some oatmeal and nuts in mine too. If you have a lemon cake mix you can make it with lemon pie filling and pineapple.

Old 03-23-2014, 04:02 PM

I forgot to get pineapple and I couldn't find any canned lemon pie filling. I settled for peach pie filling and then noticed on the can they suggested using it with lemon cake mix and toffee chips and nuts...NO second fruit. I may be patient and wait till I get the pineapple or I might go ahead without it....maybe adding a little container of applesauce...that I do have on hand.

Old 03-24-2014, 01:38 PM

Well my dump cake is in the oven.....but I am not feeling good about it. I used two small individual size apple sauce with cinnamon, a cut up fresh pair, a peach pie filling and two sticks of butter; its cooked for about 35 mins and doesn't look done yet.....there are still patches of dry cake mix on top and juice bubbling thru in places. It does smell pretty good so we shall see. I started cooking it at 325...just turned it to 350 for these last 10 mins. ( I will keep my eye on it)

Addendum.....cranking up the heat seemed to do the trick. No more dry patches and it is looking lovely!

Old 03-26-2014, 12:33 PM

Default To the dump to the dump to the dump dump dump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Well my dump cake is in the oven.....but I am not feeling good about it. I used two small individual size apple sauce with cinnamon, a cut up fresh pair, a peach pie filling and two sticks of butter; its cooked for about 35 mins and doesn't look done yet.....there are still patches of dry cake mix on top and juice bubbling thru in places. It does smell pretty good so we shall see. I started cooking it at 325...just turned it to 350 for these last 10 mins. ( I will keep my eye on it)

Addendum.....cranking up the heat seemed to do the trick. No more dry patches and it is looking lovely!

Just an update..... I absolutely hated this concoction and dumped 98% of the dump cake in the garbage this morning......never again.....I am not even tempted to try......I know this is not for me. I cant begin to tell you how disgusting it was!

Old 03-26-2014, 01:16 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,427,067 times
Quote:
Just an update..... I absolutely hated this concoction and dumped 98% of the dump cake in the garbage this morning......never again.....I am not even tempted to try......I know this is not for me. I cant begin to tell you how disgusting it was!
Quote:
I used two small individual size apple sauce with cinnamon, a cut up fresh pair, a peach pie filling
The recipe called for 1 can of pie filling and 1 can of fruit.
Why did you use applesauce & fresh fruit? Can't expect a recipe to come out right if you don't follow the recipe.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:25 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,811,485 times
Quote:
Apple sauce is the very last thing I would ever use in a dump cake. It's not enough liquid for it to work.

Dump cake requires something really juicy. I have the most success with alternate ingredients by using a large can of crushed pineapples plus it's juice and fresh or frozen berries. In place of butter to drizzle on top, my mom uses a can of soda, 7 up etc, on top. (I prefer the butter)

Give it one more try!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes