Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 06:10 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,262,628 times

Advertisements

Here's a two-fer. You can make a cheese ball or a dip. It all depends upon how much liquid you add.
Add *diced* green or red pepper for color and *diced* onion for a little "pop". I've tried celery and cucumbers and stuff like that and it was horrid.

8 oz. Philladephia brand cream cheese, a can of Deviled Ham and granulated garlic (NOT garlic sal or garlic powder; it overpowers the rest of the ingredients.). As a dip serve chips or crackers.

Chopped nuts can be used two ways. In the dip, or roll the ball in fnely chopped nuts.

I make it not as thin as a dip or as thick as a cheese ball and wind up with a cracker spread.

I also take Budig brand ham slices, spread seasoned cream chease, roll it, cut it into bite size pieces and stick it with a tooth pick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2008, 07:36 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,373,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
Here's another one for fake crab. One of my former neighbors used to chop it up, mix in a bag of frozen [uncooked] peas, and enough mayo to hold it all together. Her kids thought it was the greatest dip for crackers or chips in the world.
Help us all! My head is bowed in a moment of silence!! These recipes are great!! Keep 'em coming. And my husband gives me much grief for my lack of vegetables in a "wholesome family meal" . Just him wait... now rubbing my hands together maniacally. I've got some new dishes for him.

Old 12-27-2008, 03:50 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,323,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhousegirl View Post
Help us all! My head is bowed in a moment of silence!! These recipes are great!! Keep 'em coming. And my husband gives me much grief for my lack of vegetables in a "wholesome family meal" . Just him wait... now rubbing my hands together maniacally. I've got some new dishes for him.
I have to admit I never tried it. After 30 years of eating the real thing in Alaska, I just can't eat surimi disguised as crab! It's got to be the real thing or nothing.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:58 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,416,466 times
He$$ I'm scared to try them. Might wake up with more body parts then when I went to bed
Kidding, I'll give them all a try
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes