Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2007, 08:29 PM

1,153 posts, read 3,602,124 times

Advertisements

Had a recipe for a brie appetizer that you wrapped in a dough and baked. Having an open house and I'm looking for any good brie appetizer recipes. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2007, 08:30 PM

1,153 posts, read 3,602,124 times
Default Looking for a swedish meatball recipe that is easy to do using frozen meatballs. Thanks

Looking for a swedish meatball recipe that uses frozen meatballs. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks!

Old 12-25-2007, 06:48 AM

50,362 posts, read 63,939,201 times
Go to marthastewart.com for the brie recipe.

Old 12-25-2007, 12:10 PM

593 posts, read 1,794,900 times
1 sheet frozen puff pastry (package comes with 2 sheets)
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1 small (8-ounce) wheel Brie
1/2 cup raspberry jam
2 eggs, beaten

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Defrost 1 sheet of puff pastry for approximately 15 to 20 minutes and unfold (place remaining sheet in freezer for later use). Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Sauté nuts in butter until golden brown, approximately 5 minutes. Place nuts on top of Brie and spread jam on top of nuts. Gently roll pastry with a rolling pin to increase the size of the sheet 1 to 2 inches in each direction. Brush both sides of the sheet with beaten egg. Center the wheel of Brie on top of the pastry sheet. Bring all four corners of the sheet together above Brie and twist slightly to form a "bundle." Tie gathered pastry with kitchen/cooking string (tie string in the form of a bow), arranging pastry until you are satisfied with the "bundle" shape. Place "bundle" on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until pastry is golden brown. Serve with top-quality crackers

Old 12-26-2007, 09:03 PM

227 posts, read 720,082 times
Paula Deen on the Food Network does a good Sugar and Nut Glazed Brie. Hopefully this link will work....

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._29382,00.html

Old 12-27-2007, 12:37 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,478,949 times
Default Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Eyes View Post
1 sheet frozen puff pastry (package comes with 2 sheets)
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1 small (8-ounce) wheel Brie
1/2 cup raspberry jam
2 eggs, beaten

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Defrost 1 sheet of puff pastry for approximately 15 to 20 minutes and unfold (place remaining sheet in freezer for later use). Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Sauté nuts in butter until golden brown, approximately 5 minutes. Place nuts on top of Brie and spread jam on top of nuts. Gently roll pastry with a rolling pin to increase the size of the sheet 1 to 2 inches in each direction. Brush both sides of the sheet with beaten egg. Center the wheel of Brie on top of the pastry sheet. Bring all four corners of the sheet together above Brie and twist slightly to form a "bundle." Tie gathered pastry with kitchen/cooking string (tie string in the form of a bow), arranging pastry until you are satisfied with the "bundle" shape. Place "bundle" on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until pastry is golden brown. Serve with top-quality crackers
Gonna make this for New Year's - just wanted to thank you for posting!!!!

Old 12-27-2007, 06:39 PM

593 posts, read 1,794,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Gonna make this for New Year's - just wanted to thank you for posting!!!!
You're welcome! It's Paula Deen's recipe.She made it one day on TV and it looked wonderful. Let us know how it comes out...I'd be tempted to use blackberry jam instead of the raspberry...I guess you could use any favorite...

Old 05-23-2013, 06:36 PM

178 posts, read 184,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeds View Post
Had a recipe for a brie appetizer that you wrapped in a dough and baked. Having an open house and I'm looking for any good brie appetizer recipes. Thanks
Oh darn. I was looking for that recipe, googled it and ended up here. Thought you had it! LOL!

Old 05-24-2013, 07:41 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,816,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejoicer View Post
Oh darn. I was looking for that recipe, googled it and ended up here. Thought you had it! LOL!
A tip for that recipe. I make mine in heavy stone/ceramic dishes that just fit it. It holds the warmth which keeps the brie ooey gooey. I also keep it on a pizza stone that is warmed from the oven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes