Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2009, 07:21 PM

69 posts, read 178,393 times

Advertisements

i have become interested in making Ceviche i would appreciate your recipes and thoughts on this dish..not looking to get to complicated with alot of ingredients thanks for replies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 09:22 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,427,067 times
Out of 3 that I have, this one has the least ingredients:

Snapper Seviche With Tangerine
Serving Size : 6
1/2 cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 cup freshly-squeezed tangerine juice
1 jalapeño pepper -- finely chopped
3 teaspoons finely-chopped fresh oregano
3 shallots -- thinly sliced
1 1/2 pounds skinless Snapper fillet -- diced 1/4" **see note
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

In a glass or other nonreactive bowl, whisk together all the marinade ingredients. Add the snapper and gently toss. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. When ready to serve, drizzle with olive oil.

** Can substitute Grouper, Swordfish, any white firm sea fish

Old 09-08-2009, 11:55 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Easiest ceviche ever - buy some imitation crab, toss with lime juice, chopped onions, cilantro, tomatoes, serrano or jalapeno peppers if you like it spicy, drizzle in some olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving so the flavors can blend - serve on tostada shells or on a bed of tortilla chips. If you want to entertain with this, I recommend smearing the tostada shell with home made guacamole first, and then sprinkling on the ceviche.

BTW - many people incorrectly think ceviche is of Mexican origin - it is actually the national dish of Peru, and can trace back to the Incan empire.

Old 09-09-2009, 05:56 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,946,937 times
Ceviche

- some fish (Red Snapper, Mahi, Ahi)
- small bag of those real small shrimps, or buy regular fresh shrimp and dice
- about 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- about 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- dice a small onion, or 1/2 of med/lrg
- 1 cup of chopped fresh seeded tomatoes
- dice a seeded pepper according to taste, any pepper will suffice
- chop a sprig of cilantro
- add garlic to taste
- I add about a tea spoon of sugar (sweet tooth)

Throw all the ingredients in a non-reactive dish/pot. Place in fridge. Let sit for a couple hours. Stir occassionally. I strain mine of excess liquid before serving over corn chips.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:15 PM

69 posts, read 178,393 times
thanks to for your recipes...they sound great... I will try them..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes