Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 10:01 AM

2,791 posts, read 10,805,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Just love them sliced, dash of fresh ground black pepper, a splash of balsamic vinegar and some brown sugar. Toss and let sit awhile. Just put on pound cake w/whipped cream.
Use this on vanilla ice cream.

also...cut up berries, add plain yogurt and brown sugar. Even my kids love that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 11:42 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
Eton Mess
Recipe courtesy Nigella Lawson, 2007
Show:
Nigella Express
Episode:
Workday Wonders

There is no variation of this pudding I don't like, and I must have made several in my time. This one uses bottled, proper fresh pomegranate juice to encourage the strawberries to ooze out their fragrant summery juices. If you're making this with out of season strawberries, then you stand a chance of using freshly squeezed pomegranate juice, in which case, sprinkle some seeds on top of this voluptuous mound of meringue and berry-spiked cream.
4 cups strawberries
2 teaspoons caster or vanilla sugar
2 teaspoons pomegranate juice
2 cups whipping cream
1 packet individual meringue nests

Hull and chop the strawberries and put into a bowl and add the sugar and pomegranate juice and leave to macerate while you whip the cream.
Whip the cream in a large bowl until thick but still soft. Roughly crumble in 4 of the meringues nests - you will need chunks for texture as well as a little fine dust.
Take out about half a cupful of the chopped strawberries, and fold the meringue cream and rest of the fruit mixture together.
Arrange on 4 serving plates or glasses or in a mound, and top each with some of the remaining macerated strawberries.

I got this from Food Network : Healthy Recipe Collections, Party Ideas, Quick & Easy Recipes, Cooking Videos The meringue nests refer to when you take meringue and pipe it onto parchment and make a mound shaped like a cookie. Then you bake it.
I was also thinking it might be good with either pecans or maybe a nice dribble of a chocolate genash.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:26 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,605,236 times
I'm crushed that nobody here suggested dipping them in chocolate.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:55 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,596,703 times
The recipes have been fantastic. Thanks everyone! I am now a proud Nutella fan (I had never heard of it B4). And AliceT, for dessert last night I had a pint of plain strawberries with Hershey's Syrup. Not as elegant as the photo above, but yummy nonetheless!

Old 02-10-2008, 05:01 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
The recipes have been fantastic. Thanks everyone! I am now a proud Nutella fan (I had never heard of it B4). And AliceT, for dessert last night I had a pint of plain strawberries with Hershey's Syrup. Not as elegant as the photo above, but yummy nonetheless!
I have been thinking of making a chocolate cake and putting Nutella in between the layers with sliced strawberries. I was thinking a whipped cream topping with strawberries would be good also.

Nutella is also good on Bananas, I put it on dried apricots.

I saw someone make a lava cake with Nutella on top of it. I have also heard you can use it to flavor ice cream, imagine that topped with strawberries.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:10 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
I made Nutella raviolis last night with powdered sugar and sliced strawberries-yummy!-
its a Giada deLaurentiis recipe from Food Network, its really easy, the strawberries were my own idea, since i picked up a flat yesterday.....

Old 02-10-2008, 05:16 PM

oh, yeah, lets not forget, strawberry daquiris! nothing like the nastiness one gets in restaurants, soooooo good! And strawberries in prosecco..... did i mention i really love strawberries?

Old 02-10-2008, 05:20 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,542,336 times
You guys are making me hungry, lol. I second strawberry margaritas, yum!

Old 02-10-2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise in Fla View Post
You guys are making me hungry, lol. I second strawberry margaritas, yum!
yes! with fresh lime juice, not that nasty mix stuff! -sigh- its sunday, cant get any good tequila tonight.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:57 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,542,336 times
I thought package stores were open late in Fl?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes