Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 08:28 AM

1 posts, read 8,717 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a moist chocolate chip cookie recipe that I can make for my fat husband....His birthday is right around the corner and the barrel man requested cc cookies. Does anyone have a great recipe for me....PLease do not say duncan hines , I really want to make them from somewhat scratch.

Thanks everybody
PS...my husband really is the sexiest man alive...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 01:54 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,936,722 times
LOL, sounds just like my hubby

Here is the recipe from my mom's recipe box:

MOIST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

2 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1 c. butter, room temperature
3/4 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1/4 c. sour cream
1 pkg. chocolate chips
1 c. chopped nuts

Mix flour with baking soda and salt. Cream butter. Gradually beat in sugars and continue beating until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Blend in vanilla, egg, and sour cream. Gradually add flour mixture beating until smooth. Stir in chips and nuts using teaspoon. Drop on ungreased baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes or until light brown.

(My dad is fussy and she leaves the nuts out for him)

Old 01-10-2008, 02:26 PM

4,596 posts, read 11,445,190 times
Another weird request from a husband, for his birthday -- thank goodness! I was thinking my husband was the oddest. His birthday cake is always a cookie jar full of oatmeal/raisin cookies. When we were married, he had pumpkin pie for his bachelor's cake.

The recipe for Toll House cookies, right on the back of the package, is a good one. The variation of the recipe with coconut is a moist one.

Let us know what you try, and how it goes over, will ya?

Old 01-11-2008, 06:04 AM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,513 posts, read 6,323,285 times
This ones a little different but its good and its easy. Its also a time saver. I mean why spend all that time making lots of cookies when theyre just going to devour the whole batch in one sitting. BTDT. You might want to check out Toll House Pie too. The recipes on the package.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup sifted flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 T hot water
i tsp vanilla

i cup chopped nuts
6 oz semi sweet chocolate pieces

Sift first four together and set aside.
Combine butter and brown sugar.
Beat until blended at medium speed
Add egg water and vanilla and mix well.
Stir in dry ingredients and mix well.
Spread batter in two greased 9 inch glass pie plates.
Sprinkle each with half the nuts and chocolate pieces.
Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes.
Cool in pie plates and cut in wedges..
Makes 16 servings.

Note ,
These make great "Birthday" cookies. Take one write Happy Birthday on it and keep the other for yourself.
Also you can busy them up by adding raisins, marshmallows M&M's etc.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:13 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,549,887 times
Ok you all I am going to give you my secret tip. Shhhhhh don't tell no one.
I use any of the chocolate cookie recipe but add one small vanilla pudding package (dry) and add extra 1/3 cup of flour and cook it the way the directions says. My family loves these that they are gone in one day. I don't like them to get really brown but semi brown. Good luck and ENJOY!!!

Old 01-11-2008, 04:00 PM

471 posts, read 1,508,392 times
My husband likes moist (soft, right?) cookies too. (Personally, I'm fine w/crunchy.) I've noticed if I put them in a container right away (after letting them cool for just a bit) they stay softer. But when I leave them out to cool longer, they are crunchier and he doesn't care for them as much. I'm not a big cookie maker though, so just my inexperienced 2 cents.

Speaking of husband's requests for birthdays... last year mine requested (I did ask him though) an angel food cake. Goodness. I tried to make one from scratch and it was a total flop. Had to run out to the store to get one. He knows better now... when I ask, he makes it a lot simpler.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:46 PM

257 posts, read 824,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
This ones a little different but its good and its easy. Its also a time saver. I mean why spend all that time making lots of cookies when theyre just going to devour the whole batch in one sitting. BTDT. You might want to check out Toll House Pie too. The recipes on the package.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup sifted flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 T hot water
i tsp vanilla

i cup chopped nuts
6 oz semi sweet chocolate pieces

Sift first four together and set aside.
Combine butter and brown sugar.
Beat until blended at medium speed
Add egg water and vanilla and mix well.
Stir in dry ingredients and mix well.
Spread batter in two greased 9 inch glass pie plates.
Sprinkle each with half the nuts and chocolate pieces.
Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes.
Cool in pie plates and cut in wedges..
Makes 16 servings.

Note ,
These make great "Birthday" cookies. Take one write Happy Birthday on it and keep the other for yourself.
Also you can busy them up by adding raisins, marshmallows M&M's etc.
I made these and they melded into each other to make one flat pancake! I think they need more flour and perhaps a very long stint in the fridge.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:03 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,442,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delg23 View Post
I made these and they melded into each other to make one flat pancake! I think they need more flour and perhaps a very long stint in the fridge.
That's because you have to let the dough sit in the fridge for a while. Using melted butter helps mix in the sugar, but if you use melted butter, you gotta put the dough in the fridge so they don't come out sloppy!

Another trick is the leave the dough in the fridge overnight!

Old 01-28-2009, 01:24 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldsky View Post
My husband likes moist (soft, right?) cookies too. (Personally, I'm fine w/crunchy.) I've noticed if I put them in a container right away (after letting them cool for just a bit) they stay softer. But when I leave them out to cool longer, they are crunchier and he doesn't care for them as much. I'm not a big cookie maker though, so just my inexperienced 2 cents.

Speaking of husband's requests for birthdays... last year mine requested (I did ask him though) an angel food cake. Goodness. I tried to make one from scratch and it was a total flop. Had to run out to the store to get one. He knows better now... when I ask, he makes it a lot simpler.
You are overcooking them for your husband's taste, and mine. Try taking them out a minute to two minutes earlier. They will appear a little raw in the middle but after you let them stand on the sheet for a minute and then transfer to the cooling rack, they will end up perfect.

I can't stand crunchy chocolate chip cookies either. I hate it when I accidentally take one from a cookie tray (because it looks beautiful and soft ) and then I have to waste the calories on a bad cookie because it would be rude to put it back.

Old 01-28-2009, 03:48 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,513 posts, read 6,323,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delg23 View Post
Oops Sorry.
Perhaps my directions werent very clear. Theyre supposed to be one big pancake

My recipe makes two cookies.
Two REALLY big cookies.
Each one fills a nine inch pie plate.

When I serve one to company I cut it in wedges like a pie. If its for myself I just use two hands and pick it up and eat it.

They really are excellent for special occasions like birthdays. Buy one of those squeeze tubes of icing and write away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes