Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2015, 08:30 PM

497 posts, read 387,048 times

Advertisements

These are by far "the best" chicken wings I've ever had. I did however, substitute apple juice for the bourbon, and the wings tasted great!

Bourbon Chicken Wings

2 lbs. chicken wings (*see note)
vegetable oil cooking spray (used to cook the wings)
1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 cup less sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup bourbon (or apple juice)
2 tablespoons ketchup

In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, garlic powder, ginger, soy sauce, bourbon (or apple juice) and the ketchup.

Lightly coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray.

Place wings in the skillet, and pour the sauce evenly over the chicken.

Cover skillet, and cook the wings over medium heat for 16-18 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Be sure to turn the wings often, to prevent them from sticking to the skillet.

Serve wings on a plate or platter, and spoon any additional sauce from the skillet, over the chicken.

Servings: 2-3 (12 wings, or possibly 6 wings and 6 drumettes.)

*Note: When preparing this recipe, I used 6 wings and 6 drumettes (about 2 lbs.). Also, cooking time may vary when preparing the wings. The 1st time I prepared them, they were done cooking within 18 minutes. The 2nd time I prepared them, they were done cooking within 16 minutes.

...... Photo of wings being cooked in a non-stick skillet ......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 03:57 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Gave ya a Rep for this one, gonna try it for sure! Thanks!!!!

Gonna try them in the electric pressure cooker and use the bourbon!!!

Old 07-21-2015, 10:59 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1DomesticGoddess View Post
These are by far "the best" chicken wings I've ever had. I did however, substitute apple juice for the bourbon, and the wings tasted great!

Bourbon Chicken Wings

2 lbs. chicken wings (*see note)
vegetable oil cooking spray (used to cook the wings)
1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 cup less sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup bourbon (or apple juice)
2 tablespoons ketchup

In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, garlic powder, ginger, soy sauce, bourbon (or apple juice) and the ketchup.

Lightly coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray.

Place wings in the skillet, and pour the sauce evenly over the chicken.

Cover skillet, and cook the wings over medium heat for 16-18 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Be sure to turn the wings often, to prevent them from sticking to the skillet.

Serve wings on a plate or platter, and spoon any additional sauce from the skillet, over the chicken.

Servings: 2-3 (12 wings, or possibly 6 wings and 6 drumettes.)

*Note: When preparing this recipe, I used 6 wings and 6 drumettes (about 2 lbs.). Also, cooking time may vary when preparing the wings. The 1st time I prepared them, they were done cooking within 18 minutes. The 2nd time I prepared them, they were done cooking within 16 minutes.

...... Photo of wings being cooked in a non-stick skillet ......
sounds great; I will use the bourbon for sure.

Old 07-23-2015, 06:31 PM

497 posts, read 387,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Gave ya a Rep for this one, gonna try it for sure! Thanks!!!!

Gonna try them in the electric pressure cooker and use the bourbon!!!
Paka, not sure how the wings will turn out if made in an electric pressure cooker??? But... the reason why they are cooked in a skillet, is so the sauce will thicken and glaze the wings while they are cooking in the skillet.

I've never used an electric pressure cooker, so I can't say if the sauce will thicken and glaze the wings while cooking in the pressure cooker. Cooking the wings in the skillet doesn't take long, and the end results are deliciously finger lickin' good!!

One more thing... I've never used bourbon when making these wings, have only used apple juice, and they taste really good. One of these days I'd like to make them with the bourbon, and I hope they taste good made that way.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:31 PM

8 posts, read 10,534 times
Looks mouthwatering! Thanks for sharing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes