Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 04:49 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,710,189 times

Advertisements

I know ramen noodles are $.15 each here, so I was looking up ways to use them (b/c really, can you get any cheaper). Found these websites:

http://www.mattfischer.com/ramen/

Ramen recipes - We love ramen noodles!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 11:40 PM

812 posts, read 2,307,098 times
Oh, you can make fried noodles w/ them too!

Old 06-17-2008, 09:48 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,489,531 times
what i do sometimes to use them up is boil them in the water and packet seasoning, and then drain them and pour on some "evoo" and parmesan cheese

Old 06-17-2008, 09:52 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times
I boil mine in real chicken broth, toss the packet of MSG packed seasoning. If I am sick, I add a few dashes of Tobasco. If I want to make a meal of it, I grill up some chicken and add some fresh broccoli. You would NOT believe the taste difference with some all Natural (NO MSG added) chicken broth. It goes from being good to be OH WOW.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:58 PM

That sounds good. I'll try it. I like to take leftover packets and mix them w/ either flour or bread crumbs and coat meat w/ it.

Old 06-25-2008, 04:11 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,613,090 times
Company Ramen dish//
Serves 4 to 6 as a main course
Preparation and Cooking Time: 15 minutes

1 package (3 ounces) Oriental-flavor ramen noodle soup mix
1/2 cup pre-sliced almonds
3/4 cup bottled red wine vinaigrette
1 package (16 ounces) coleslaw or broccoli slaw mix
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
2 scallions, white and green parts, chopped (for 1/4 cup)

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

2. Break up the ramen noodles with your hands and place them and the almonds on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until the noodles and almonds turn light brown, 6 to 7 minutes.

3. Meanwhile, pour the red wine vinaigrette into a measuring cup and stir in the packet of seasoning from the ramen noodle soup mix. Set the salad dressing aside.

4. Place the slaw mix, chicken, cilantro, and scallions in a large serving bowl. Toss to combine the ingredients well.

5. Just before serving, pour the salad dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Scatter the toasted almonds and noodles on top and

Old 06-25-2008, 09:47 PM

625 posts, read 1,586,063 times
Cool Prison Fare

My nephew worked at a county jail for a while and he said the inmates would purchase the ramen noodles, boil them plain then drain them and lay them out flat on paper towels. They would form them into a circle shape and let them set til totally dry. Put on ketchup packets and call it pizza....sad situation...sometimes they would save back cheese slices for a real fancy one.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyC64 View Post
My nephew worked at a county jail for a while and he said the inmates would purchase the ramen noodles, boil them plain then drain them and lay them out flat on paper towels. They would form them into a circle shape and let them set til totally dry. Put on ketchup packets and call it pizza....sad situation...sometimes they would save back cheese slices for a real fancy one.
ewww. I think I'd rather just not have them. How do they boil them though?

Old 06-28-2008, 04:25 PM

625 posts, read 1,586,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
ewww. I think I'd rather just not have them. How do they boil them though?
Microwave.....which by itself is bad enough. The county lockup aka :The Sheriff's Bed and Breakfast

Old 07-06-2008, 11:12 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,334,402 times
One thing that we do to Ramen soups to turn them into an actual meal is to make them into Egg-drop Ramen soup. We find the flavoring packets to be unpleasantly salty, so we either use about half the packet or else use chicken broth to cook the noodles, as Lindsey_M does. Once the noodles are close to done, beat up an egg or two in a separate bowl until it's creamy. Then, with the noodles at a full boil, pour the egg in a thin stream in circles, and it'll immediately cook up into the kind of egg strings that you find in egg-drop soup in Chinese restaurants. A bowl of that with a piece of fruit makes a perfectly fine small supper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes