U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2016, 06:20 AM

1,592 posts, read 2,555,272 times

Advertisements

I don't usually post these but this one is too good not to share, since I live in FL I'm blessed with a freezer full of grouper and snapper fillet that I go offshore and catch myself, but this will work with most fish, I tried it with Striped bass when I lived in CT, worked fine.

Get a few fillets of whatever you like season with a little kosher salt and black pepper. start to sear in pan with about a tablespoon of light olive oil.

in bowl mix 1/2 stick soft butter, zest of 1 lime, and some fresh chopped basil leaves. Squeeze juice of 1/2 lime into mixture as well.

Flip fish, put a little of the butter mixture over fish, and rest in pan so it melts, and baste fish. Fish should only take 5 min per side, if that.

Serve. Very simple. Never ever leftovers in our house, and I make fish 3-4 times a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 02:21 PM

3,373 posts, read 3,781,240 times
Thanks! I need fish recipes. We don't eat it enough because I only have a few ways to cook it!

Old 06-14-2016, 02:23 PM

6,488 posts, read 6,945,518 times
Sounds delicious!

Old 06-14-2016, 09:42 PM

6 posts, read 3,127 times
I love fish, thank you for sharing.
Hopefully you can share more

Old 06-15-2016, 06:53 AM

37,090 posts, read 45,584,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwhitechin View Post
I don't usually post these but this one is too good not to share, since I live in FL I'm blessed with a freezer full of grouper and snapper fillet that I go offshore and catch myself, but this will work with most fish, I tried it with Striped bass when I lived in CT, worked fine.

Get a few fillets of whatever you like season with a little kosher salt and black pepper. start to sear in pan with about a tablespoon of light olive oil.

in bowl mix 1/2 stick soft butter, zest of 1 lime, and some fresh chopped basil leaves. Squeeze juice of 1/2 lime into mixture as well.

Flip fish, put a little of the butter mixture over fish, and rest in pan so it melts, and baste fish. Fish should only take 5 min per side, if that.

Serve. Very simple. Never ever leftovers in our house, and I make fish 3-4 times a week.
This is just the way I like fish. Simple and unspoiled by a lot of strong flavors. I usually use lemon, and tarragon with butter, but lime and basil sounds good too.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:29 AM

71,920 posts, read 83,551,069 times
sounds like a winner and a simple way to enjoy fish. We try to have it a couple times a week, but living where we do, it is hard to get fresh fish. Our grandson in law went fishing off the LA gulf about month ago and caught a huge swordfish. The were generous and shard with the family.I cooked a piece last night; yes, simple as well. I simply browned it a bit with olive oil, salt and garlic. Then put it in a baking dish with lemon juice, a bit of wine and the juices from the browning process, covered it with foil and baked it for about 15 minutes. It was absolutely wonderful. Now we have enough left over for a few fish I did make a sauce of horse radish, dill and sour cream, but it wasn't needed at all..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or