U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2016, 01:44 PM

6 posts, read 2,755 times

Advertisements

sorry for my bad English . . .

start the oven at 175 C or 340 Fahrenheit before you start . . .

here's the ingredients . . .

dry ingredients :
Flour 2 cups
baking soda 1 tsp
a pinch of salt

wet ingredients :
soft butter 1/2 cups
brown sugar 1/3 cups
3 large banana (4 medium) it must be 1 and 1/2 cups
2 eggs

================================================== ====

put all dry ingredients together .

now mash the bananas with a fork like the picture . . .

mix the butter , sugar and eggs together until they look like the picture . . .

add in the bananas and mix a little now it's time for the dry ingredients add them and mix a little until it looks like the picture , remember never mix too much if you over work the flour your bread will be hard !!

you can simply butter your bread pan but i use some parchment paper because i have a glass pan and i think it might stick . . .
overall this is a very easy batter and it doesn't stick much . . .

now pour the batter in the pan and shake it a little to distribute evenly . . .

now put the pan in the oven for 60 minutes (if you want it a little moist) this is the perfect time for it but if you want a little more color you can wait for another 15 minutes or even more (it depends on you)

what i do is ; when the 60 minutes is over without taking the pan out i brush some butter on top of my bread and leave it in the oven for another 5 minutes , it will give the top of my bread a nice color , a good smell and a beautiful buttery taste . . .

very important : remember , different ovens have different settings and temperatures even if you choose the same temperature doesn't mean it's the same in two different ovens , they might even distribute the heat differently and make the middle hotter than the sides , you have to experiment with your oven . . .

I hope you enjoy this recipe , i tinkered with it so it's not too sweet and is perfect to be served with some nice ice cream . . .

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 01:50 PM

119,978 posts, read 14,243,897 times
The banana bread looks delicious,love the idea with brushing butter on top . Thank you for taking time to post

Old 08-18-2016, 03:03 PM

17,478 posts, read 20,838,188 times
I love banana bread and yours looks delicious. My recipe is slightly different and uses white sugar instead of brown and I add a little bit of buttermilk.

Old 08-20-2016, 07:24 AM

36,981 posts, read 45,435,337 times
That looks good. Thanks for posting.
I have a recipe that is super moist, so that's what I use. I got it years ago from a friend who has been without speech for years, due to a stroke. I think of her whenever I make it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes