U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-30-2018, 04:02 PM
 
Location: Holly Springs, NC
1,259 posts, read 702,856 times
Reputation: 1768

Advertisements

I was going through my cupboard and found a can of Progresso white clam sauce that I don't recall buying.

Just wondering if there is a way to "enhance" it or if it's good as is.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-30-2018, 04:27 PM
 
Location: Heart of Dixie
12,448 posts, read 10,840,079 times
Reputation: 28187
Enhance it as follows...

Pasta with white clam sauce
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2018, 06:49 PM
 
Location: The Land Mass Between NOLA and Mobile, AL
1,796 posts, read 1,355,676 times
Reputation: 1398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Enhance it as follows...

Pasta with white clam sauce
That looks good, though I'd up the lemon and add chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley at the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 06:27 AM
 
Location: Long Island,NY
1,013 posts, read 539,239 times
Reputation: 1781
How close are you too fresh clams? If you can get them just pour the canned sauce into a wide saucepan and top with the whole fresh clams, maybe a dozen large little or top necks. Scrubbed clean of course. Cover and heat on medium until the clams open. Fresh parsley is a must. Splash of fresh EVOO is advised also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 06:38 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ > Raleigh, NC
15,022 posts, read 18,879,998 times
Reputation: 24021
Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
That looks good, though I'd up the lemon and add chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley at the end.
And more garlic. Considerably more garlic.

I don't do the cheese. I've rarely found a dish that I like that mixes seafood and cheese.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 06:45 AM
 
Location: Holly Springs, NC
1,259 posts, read 702,856 times
Reputation: 1768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
And more garlic. Considerably more garlic.
Thanks, that's actually what I did. I sauteed up some minced garlic in some butter with some red pepper flakes and added an additional can of clams. I'm not even sure why I bought these items but hey it worked and everyone liked it.

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 11:25 AM
 
2,482 posts, read 1,432,785 times
Reputation: 3383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post

I don't do the cheese. I've rarely found a dish that I like that mixes seafood and cheese.
Lidia Bastianach from the cooking channel agrees with you...

Using the progresso sauce as a base, I up the garlic too, fresh Italian parsley, lemon juice, dry white wine and definitely fresh clams...Little necks preferably.
I like the combo of the chopped clams from the canned sauce and the whole clams.
The fresh clams impart their lovely clam nectar to the sauce too.

Dayum... I am now 'jonesing' for linguini and clams ...I am gonna have to go out for the fixin's.

Curse the Food and Drink Threads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 12:38 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,881 posts, read 27,145,371 times
Reputation: 8943
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
Lidia Bastianach from the cooking channel agrees with you...

Using the progresso sauce as a base, I up the garlic too, fresh Italian parsley, lemon juice, dry white wine and definitely fresh clams...Little necks preferably.
I like the combo of the chopped clams from the canned sauce and the whole clams.
The fresh clams impart their lovely clam nectar to the sauce too.

Dayum... I am now 'jonesing' for linguini and clams ...I am gonna have to go out for the fixin's.

Curse the Food and Drink Threads.
Try it with Cento white clam sauce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 01:41 PM
 
34,243 posts, read 41,268,949 times
Reputation: 29730
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
I was going through my cupboard and found a can of Progresso white clam sauce that I don't recall buying.

Just wondering if there is a way to "enhance" it or if it's good as is.

Thanks in advance!
I'd check the expiry label on that can before using it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 01:53 PM
 
Location: Heart of Dixie
12,448 posts, read 10,840,079 times
Reputation: 28187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
...I've rarely found a dish that I like that mixes seafood and cheese.
I don't eat cheese with seafood, but I don't mind garnishing seafood pasta dishes with a bit of parmesan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top