Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 12:56 AM

6,138 posts, read 4,500,962 times

Advertisements

Thai stir fry with basil and chilies. Green Tex Mex chili. Chicken chili. Chicken cordon bleu burgers with ham and swiss (and WTH, bacon).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2018, 02:06 PM

343 posts, read 229,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Going by your nick - cat food.
Freeze it in portions to add to beef for hamburgers.
It is bland so it needs a lot of spice. Make water crepes, fill them with chicken/spice/tiny diced vegetables and bake in the oven. Slice and use in soup.
Beautiful! I love it!

As to why I don't go to store- we are a one vehicle household and I have a vision disorder so I don't do the driving normally. Sadly, we are not in an area where people talk to neighbors. I wish that would change because I'm used to be social with neighbors it's just not how things are here.

I don't usually buy ground chicken because I find it does dry out too much and lacks flavor. I'm actually not a real chicken fan to begin with. But I like the dan dan noodle idea a lot. I'm also thinking of doing some sort of lettuce wrap.

I did end up freezing the chicken and making a typical steak and potato dinner.

Old 02-13-2018, 02:20 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
I use to cook ground chicken in a pan with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onions and serve it with catsup and mustard on pita bread when I was in college.

It was cheap and great comfort food.

Old 02-13-2018, 02:54 PM

24,479 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndCatsForAll View Post
Beautiful! I love it!

As to why I don't go to store- we are a one vehicle household and I have a vision disorder so I don't do the driving normally. Sadly, we are not in an area where people talk to neighbors. I wish that would change because I'm used to be social with neighbors it's just not how things are here.

I don't usually buy ground chicken because I find it does dry out too much and lacks flavor. I'm actually not a real chicken fan to begin with. But I like the dan dan noodle idea a lot. I'm also thinking of doing some sort of lettuce wrap.

Your furries might have had a whisker licking dinner.

Long story short - after a blow out in 110F in TX with everything that can go wrong - I am not the driver I used to be. Get from A to B but on my terms.

Sometimes small things make big changes. Reach out to your neighbors. Knock on the door. Break down the wall one brick at a time. We have not much in common with ours but help each other out without much fuss.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:48 PM

19,386 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndCatsForAll View Post
Beautiful! I love it!

My first thought was lettuce wraps. This recipe makes me die and go to heaven. I actually double the amount of ground chicken in the recipe, because the sauce is so flavorful, it's a little overwhelming for just one pound of meat (to me).

https://iowagirleats.com/2011/04/26/...-wraps-remade/

Old 02-13-2018, 04:13 PM

4,691 posts, read 3,468,109 times
I bought a bunch of organic ground chicken when it was on sale for $1.50 a pound. It stymied me for a bit but I made the lettuce wraps. Those weren't bad. I made a chicken loaf, also not bad.
A couple days ago I made this recipe. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foo...recipe-1925088 Well it might not win any awards it was a solid keeper for my family.

Old 02-14-2018, 02:06 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,377,814 times
I used to make this really good jambalaya with chicken meatballs. Got it at a mother daughter cooking class. Basically it was made with finely chopped onion, celery, carrots and green pepper and then a light tomato sauce with some chicekn broth with lots of herb seasonings. Then you made tiny little chicken meatballs and dropped it into the almost soup like sauce and served it over rice. it was surprisingly good and my children loved it.

Old 02-14-2018, 02:10 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
I also make lettuce wraps with ground chicken. I've made this dish twice recently, and it came out great. This version does not have the peanut butter, nor peanuts the one above has, but oddly they are both P F Chang recipes!

https://damndelicious.net/2014/05/30...lettuce-wraps/

Old 02-15-2018, 07:44 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
Anything that has a good sauce, as a replacement for beef or pork. For example tonight, we are using it for enchilada casserole.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:52 AM

986 posts, read 1,665,632 times
Ground chicken potstickers! Yum!

FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE:
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 Tablespoons water
1 teaspoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 Tablespoon sugar
Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)

FOR THE POTSTICKERS:
1 pound ground chicken (See Kelly’s Notes)
1/3 cup sliced scallions, green and white parts
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
1 Tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
40 round wonton wrappers
Vegetable oil, for pan-frying

INSTRUCTIONS
MAKE THE DIPPING SAUCE:
In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, water, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, sugar and crushed red pepper flakes (optional). Set the sauce aside.

MAKE THE POTSTICKERS:
In a medium bowl, stir together the ground chicken, scallions, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil until well combined.

To assemble the potstickers, arrange the wonton wrappers on a work surface and fill a small bowl with water. Spoon about 2 teaspoons of the chicken mixture into the center of each wrapper. Dip your finger in the water then run it around the edges of each wonton wrapper. Fold the wrappers in half, pressing the edges together to seal them.

Place a large sauté pan over medium heat then coat the pan with vegetable oil. Once the oil is shimmering, add a single layer of potstickers to the pan and cook them for 1 minute or until they are golden then flip them and cook them an additional 1 to 2 minutes until the filling is cooked throughout. Transfer the potstickers to a serving plate then repeat the cooking process with the remaining potstickers.

Serve the potstickers immediately with the prepared dipping sauce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes