Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 08:54 PM

32,927 posts, read 36,335,488 times

Advertisements

Very pretty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2018, 08:16 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,210,516 times
just be sure to remove the poop shute in the tail......

lobster freezes quite well.......i cooked about 20 at once and did some picking and froze it....

lobster stew or lobster chowder is really good... too

Old 05-20-2018, 12:28 PM

849 posts, read 269,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogboa View Post
Lobster Diablo

With this recipe you can adjust the ingredients to your taste. Although I'm going to give amounts, I really just "eyeball" it. Feel free to adjust away to make it your own. This recipe was originally developed using Florida/Caribbean spiny lobster tails, but I'm sure Maine lobster tails would work fine.

4 Previously frozen lobster tails, meat removed and shells saved and cut into 1/2" chunks
1 Medium sweet onion, 1/4" dice
1-1/2 cups bell peppers, 1/4" dice. I prefer to use a combo of red, yellow and orange. but you can use all of one or whatever combo you want. No green please.
1 Tbsp minced fresh garlic
1 tsp Colemans dry mustard
1/2 tsp Cayenne (this is a minimum, adjust to your liking)
1/2 stick of unsalted butter
1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/8 cup freshly grated parmesan
Splash of dry white wine, vermouth or dry sherry
salt and pepper to taste

To remove meat from shells, use a pair of cooking shears to cut the membrane on the underside of the tail, along the swimmerette line, on both sides. Do this from open end to the tail fin, then cut the membrane off at the tail fin. From the open end you should be able to slip a finger between the meat and shell to pop the meat out. Set the shells aside as you will be stuffing the diablo mixture into them.

Preheat oven to 350 F. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Melt 4 Tbsp butter in skillet. Add onion and bell pepper and saute until softened. Add garlic and saute until fragrent. Salt and pepper to taste. Add lobster meat, mustard and cayenne. Saute until lobster meat is opaque. Add bread crumbs and mix into lobster mixture. Add wine. The mixture should be moist, without excess liquid in the pan. If too dry add more wine. If too moist add more bread crumbs. Remove from heat. Using a spoon, stuff mixture into reserved shells and bake on a cookie sheet until golden brown on top. Sprinkle cheese evenly over top. Place back in oven until cheese melts. Serve immediately and enjoy.
I can't give you rep points again so soon, but I would if I could for this recipe! Just notice you're in FL too. I live in Melbourne - You?

Old 05-20-2018, 12:30 PM

849 posts, read 269,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
When we get sick of plain lobster and believe it or not we do, we make lobster rolls. Add mayo, celery, celery seed, hmm...I forget what else except sprinkle with paprika. Serve on a buttered and toasted/fried in a pan New England style hot dog roll. You could also make the version with melted butter instead of mayo.
Reading this made me miss living in New England. Lived in RI, MA and NJ (which doesn't count lol) for 35 years.

Nothing better than a toasted hot dog roll with either warm with butter or cold with mayo lobster!

Old 05-21-2018, 05:58 AM

1,934 posts, read 1,082,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum_Newbie View Post
I can't give you rep points again so soon, but I would if I could for this recipe! Just notice you're in FL too. I live in Melbourne - You?
I answered you in my crawfish thread, I'm in the Ft. Lauderdale area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes