Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2021, 02:23 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times

Advertisements

I was all set to make a beautiful lemon bundt cake to take to neighbors/friends who help me out often but the cake broke, some is still stuck in the pan, etc. - Anything suitable to do with it? (I don't have a trifle bowl, that crossed my mind). Appreciate any thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2021, 03:39 PM

1,371 posts, read 666,623 times
Cake pops?

Old 05-02-2021, 04:04 PM

Thanks. I saw those as an option but they require frosting, dipping, etc.

Old 05-02-2021, 04:34 PM

24,097 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I was all set to make a beautiful lemon bundt cake to take to neighbors/friends who help me out often but the cake broke, some is still stuck in the pan, etc. - Anything suitable to do with it? (I don't have a trifle bowl, that crossed my mind). Appreciate any thoughts.
You could use it for trifle - or individual trifles in bowls. Lighten it up by using yogurt instead of custard and add berries.

I make Bundt cakes a lot when I need to make a cake because they are easy and they present well. I have never had this happen to me.

I just made a carrot Bundt cake with cream cheese frosting for Easter.

When making Bundt cake, I make sure that the inside is well oiled. I use Bakers Secret spray of Pam for baking. I also make sure that the batter is VERY moist. For example the carrot cake I made called for raisins - I soaked them in rum. Added sour cream and applesauce. It made a nice, very moist and dense cake - with no crumbs. It slipped out of the Bundt pan.

Old 05-02-2021, 06:39 PM

Couldn't rep. you again and thanks for the tips. It's just me so not going to make all the "tips". The plan was to give to neighbors, I'm going to wash this and see if anyone wants (going back to my old copper colored pan)

Old 05-03-2021, 05:59 AM

You could freeze some of it since it's just you, or just throw it away.

I rarely use the bundt pan anymore because it makes so much, though I do get a craving for a particular recipe every now and again, deep dark chocolate with a tunnel filling of cream cheese, coconut, pecans and chocolate chips. Supposed to have a chocolate glaze, but I usually use dusting of 10x sugar or just a white glaze. But, my reason for this paragraph is the importance of being absolutely sure every single surface is greased and floured.

My pan is that burnt orange color and was my mother's. It's at least 50 years old and is Nordic Ware.

Old 05-03-2021, 11:25 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medtran49 View Post

I rarely use the bundt pan anymore because it makes so much, though I do get a craving for a particular recipe every now and again, deep dark chocolate with a tunnel filling of cream cheese, coconut, pecans and chocolate chips. Supposed to have a chocolate glaze, but I usually use dusting of 10x sugar or just a white glaze. But, my reason for this paragraph is the importance of being absolutely sure every single surface is greased and floured.

My pan is that burnt orange color and was my mother's. It's at least 50 years old and is Nordic Ware.

Care to share?

Old 05-03-2021, 01:04 PM

Sure, I'll have to look for it though. It's in among a box of loose paper recipes that never got transferred to digital.

ETA: Oops, I looked just for the heck of it. I did transcribe it. Will post in another thread.

Old 05-03-2021, 02:38 PM

24,097 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medtran49 View Post

Mine was also my mom's and it's Nordic Ware. Probably even older.

They do make a lot of cake - too much for two people. Even if I freeze it, and they freeze well, I know it's there, so it can tempt me. I usually use it for dinner parties or if I need to take a dessert to some function where there will be a crowd.

With the carrot Easter Bundt I my son and his girlfriend took half home with them. It's a lot of cake, especially for today's geographically spread out families and eating habits.
I mostly use them on holidays, when many people relax their dietary habits and there are more that two of us.

Old 05-03-2021, 03:23 PM

Good news! I made my neighbor friend (and her family members who live there) brownies. She asked me about the failed lemon cake and said her brother works in a bakery so I also sent her home w/the big container of lemon cake pieces, maybe they can do something with them. (My neighbor friend said she loves lemon also, as do I)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes