U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2018, 11:13 AM

1,073 posts, read 1,132,136 times

Advertisements

I have recently (well 2 years ago) came across this Facebook group which teaches pressure cooking. I know pressure cooking is not a new concept, what is new is that this particular technique focuses on layering things in cooker in such a way that it maximises the flavour, preserves the nutrients and also is much faster than the conventional open pot cooking. The technique is called OPOS (One Pot One Shot) developed by Chef Ramakrishnan. I must add, I am very impressed and been cooking a lot of recipes this way.

I am not referring to electric Instant pot cooking. Below is the whistle type cooker I am talking about.

Simple Beans stir fry:

In this 2L cooker, add exactly in the same order:

L1. 1 tsp oil
L2. 1/4Cup water
L3. 2 cups chopped beans
L4. add a little salt and pepper

switch the stove one, place the whistle on the cooker and cook on high for 2 whistles. Release pressure manually. This takes me 4 mins for perfectly cooked beans.

Exact same things for carrots too.
Attached Thumbnails
New Pressure Cooking Technique (and recipes of course)-cooker.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or