Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 06:16 AM

1,790 posts, read 1,414,037 times

Advertisements

Making it today, with the ONLY difference that today Sunday I will make it with just Shrimp instead of the Seafood Combo.

Everything else remains the same. If you ever had it at one of their Restaurants in the Sunshine State, once you use this recipe, great memories come back, as it is exactly the same as the real deal.

Enjoy it...here goes the link, and if you have any questions let me know, I have been preparing this dish for years now and in the family, whomever I visit or visits me, this is the first thing they ask me to cook for them. Easy, inexpensive and delightful.

https://tinyurl.com/y9yc35tw

The Restaurant Chain out of Tampa and all over the State went belly up a several years back. Apparently the Original owner has 3 or 4 Restaurants Re Opened under the Old Concept in the Tampa Bay Area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2018, 06:46 AM

1,934 posts, read 1,083,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammocks Bum View Post
Making it today, with the ONLY difference that today Sunday I will make it with just Shrimp instead of the Seafood Combo.

Everything else remains the same. If you ever had it at one of their Restaurants in the Sunshine State, once you use this recipe, great memories come back, as it is exactly the same as the real deal.

Enjoy it...here goes the link, and if you have any questions let me know, I have been preparing this dish for years now and in the family, whomever I visit or visits me, this is the first thing they ask me to cook for them. Easy, inexpensive and delightful.

https://tinyurl.com/y9yc35tw

The Restaurant Chain out of Tampa and all over the State went belly up a several years back. Apparently the Original owner has 3 or 4 Restaurants Re Opened under the Old Concept in the Tampa Bay Area.
Looks great, but there is that pesky violation of Italian rules when it comes to seafood and cheese. I just don't remember any of them down here on the SE coast, although my wife tells me there was one locally. Were the scallops bay or sea/diver?

Old 10-14-2018, 06:58 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
I find the directions a bit confusing. Do you really add the cooked pasta with the seafood? It would make more sense to simmer the seafood, then add the pasta just before serving.

Old 10-14-2018, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I find the directions a bit confusing. Do you really add the cooked pasta with the seafood? It would make more sense to simmer the seafood, then add the pasta just before serving.

Yep...the awesomness of this dish is that the RAW seafood is cooked once you add them to the just cooked and hot pasta with the HOT Cream and Wine mixture all at once...

Before I learned the trick years ago I also simmered the shrimp or the seafood mix and added that to the cooked pasta and hot cream and wine mixture and it was tasty but the seafood always was a bit chewy.

The Recipe here cooks your Seafod Mix with the Cream and Wine in just 5 minutes and it is just wonderful.

Just an amazinn way to put it all together at the END..

Word of Caution....The Cream and Wine Mixture with the spices has to be HOT when mixing it with the Pasta and seafood, but you need to be looking at it on your Stove top because one blink and will spill over........

Last edited by Hammocks Bum; 10-14-2018 at 07:20 AM..

Old 10-14-2018, 07:19 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Ok, I’ll trust you on this one.

Old 10-14-2018, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogboa View Post
Looks great, but there is that pesky violation of Italian rules when it comes to seafood and cheese. I just don't remember any of them down here on the SE coast, although my wife tells me there was one locally. Were the scallops bay or sea/diver?
I am not sure to be honest with you, now another trick/step saver...I buy a bag of frozen Seafood Mix from my supermarket and normally a few unfrozen scallops, that most mixes do not have. The hard part, gathering the Seafood, is done. and very inexpensively.

And again, you can do all exactly the same minus the Seafood Mix and Use just Shrimp instead.

Old 10-14-2018, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Ok, I’ll trust you on this one.
Hehehehe I did, the first time I did it I found it really weird too (The raw Seafood being cooked by the hot pasta and cream and wine mixture), but when all was said and done, the taste of the food with my eyes closed was identical to the taste of the Restaurant dish.

Man, and I had that almost everytime I ate at Shells, Insanly Good.

Old 10-14-2018, 07:48 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
Looks beyond decadent, especially with just shrimp. How many people would this feed?

Old 10-14-2018, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Looks beyond decadent, especially with just shrimp. How many people would this feed?
A lb of linguine will feed 5-6 with no seconds but hefty portions...Decadent IS a great description of the dish, no doubt !!

And of course just with the Shrimp, you simplify your cooking life a heck of a lot.....

Last edited by Hammocks Bum; 10-14-2018 at 08:08 AM..

Old 10-14-2018, 08:04 AM

1,371 posts, read 668,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogboa View Post

I went there for lunch with a friend and wasn't impressed unfortunately, which is why I never mentioned to Dogboa and we never went.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes