U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 08:28 AM

18,117 posts, read 19,872,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
DH is willing to try a fish taco. However, he doesn't like slaw, anything spicy, onion, tomato, avocado, tartar sauce, or cilantro.

I can think of lettuce/cabbage, maybe cheese (I only have cheddar), and . . . nothing else.

Is there anything else? I'll either bake the fish or cook it in the skillet.
You might as well cook him a piece of fish and serve him that. Because it wonít be a taco. I would cook whatever and let him figure it out. I canít stand picky eaters. I bet if he didnít eat for a week he would eat whatever you set him in front of him.

You can try sour cream and mix it with lime or lemon juice and some sugar. Thatís what I use. But a taco without all the things you mentioned is nothing more than a piece of fried fish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2018, 10:37 AM

3,641 posts, read 2,048,117 times
We use shredded cabbage on our fish tacos. We serve a spicy white sauce with it but leave that up to the individual. I love fish so I really don't see a problem with just fish on a taco.

Old 10-21-2018, 04:21 PM

8,140 posts, read 11,041,171 times
We have a Kiwanis club in town that serves fish tacos at fairs that consist of a fish filet, wrapped in a corn tortilla with chopped cabbage. That's it. Salsa for those that ask. They sell hundreds.

Old 10-22-2018, 12:52 AM

3,929 posts, read 7,492,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
I bet if he didnít eat for a week he would eat whatever you set him in front of him.

You can try sour cream and mix it with lime or lemon juice and some sugar. Thatís what I use. But a taco without all the things you mentioned is nothing more than a piece of fried fish.

That's pretty close to what I had, except I added pickle relish and didn't use sugar. I put cabbage and that sauce on mine. The fish was baked, though.

DH gets his own breakfast, lunch, and snacks, so he wouldn't starve. I didn't mean to make him sound bad; I just think it's funny that he thought I could cook without any of those basic things people cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
I love fish so I really don't see a problem with just fish on a taco.

DH had fish and lettuce. For lunch today he made himself one with the leftovers.

Next time I'll plan ahead and try beans.

Old 10-22-2018, 06:53 AM

1,245 posts, read 699,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
DH is willing to try a fish taco. However, he doesn't like slaw, anything spicy, onion, tomato, avocado, tartar sauce, or cilantro.

I can think of lettuce/cabbage, maybe cheese (I only have cheddar), and . . . nothing else.

Is there anything else? I'll either bake the fish or cook it in the skillet.
If it's seasoned well enough it should only need minimal toppings.

I mean you're making fish tacos and the guy doesn't like literally anything on a taco...

So give him a piece of fish, tortilla and call it a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes