Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2010, 10:40 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
That's a great idea... I've always planned to do that, but haven't yet! Maybe next year!
Same here. I have big plans in the summer every year ... I haven't followed through yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 11:56 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I am a big fan of dark chocolate and peppermint bark, so I might add some store-bought to the Christmas packages I send to family.
They have this at Costco, if you have a Costco near you. They were giving out samples of it last week. It was outstanding! Lucky for me, the ladies behind the table were gabbing to each other and didn't notice that I hung around there for a wee bit too long.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:00 PM

3 posts, read 3,791 times
What can I substitute for peanut butter in the 3 ingredient cookie recipe? Plz help.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:11 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
I think cutout cookies (or anything where I have to chill the dough and roll it out) is the biggest pain in the butt, but they're my SO's favorite, both to help with and to eat.

I like doing thumbprint cookies with strawberry jam and apricot jam and Nutella.

the mini pretzel-Rolo-Pecan faux turtle thing is tasty and they are fun to make.

I have a great English toffee-type recipe that uses a saltine base, haven't made that for a few years, but it's fun.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:24 PM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 8,290,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msrbutton View Post
What can I substitute for peanut butter in the 3 ingredient cookie recipe? Plz help.
Christmas? Kidding, right?

Little early to the party.

Tabula, you got a good heart!

Old 09-08-2011, 07:10 AM

plz help. I want to make the 3 ingredient cookie recipe that calls for peanut butter. I am allergic to anything with peanuts. Is there anything I can substitute for the peanut butter.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:13 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msrbutton View Post
plz help. I want to make the 3 ingredient cookie recipe that calls for peanut butter. I am allergic to anything with peanuts. Is there anything I can substitute for the peanut butter.
I would think you could sub almond or cashew butter, they are the same consistency.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:38 PM

ty

Old 09-09-2011, 03:09 AM

1,419 posts, read 2,454,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarkey View Post
You're not having a white trash Christmas - you're following a trend that I'm seeing this year.

In talking to friends and family, no one's going all out with shopping this year. They're tired spending too much money and tired of Christmas being just another stress factor.

What I'm hearing from many people is that they're having more get togethers and making things for people, rather than buying. I love this. They're making silk flower arrangements, food, knitting sweaters - my cousin's doing homemade kahlua (yum!).

I think this is wonderful.
Thats so cool! Its feels good seeing people getting into what Christmas is REALLY all about. Hmmmm...homemade Kahlua. Yummy! Americans should be tired of giving greedy corporations money. They sure do want out money, but dont want to give people jobs.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:09 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,510,953 times
Default Christmas cookies....

I was thinking of making cookies to give to some of our customers as a way to say "thank you" over the Christmas season, so many of you have such great ideas and recipes I thought we would start a thread of recipes and fun ideas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes