U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2018, 01:38 PM

27,093 posts, read 5,918,284 times

Advertisements

Usually make turkey meatloaf but looking for something a little different....one recipe I use is the common turkey, grated vegetables, ketchup and/or tomato sauce. Another is the ground turkey, with onions, Chinese rice noodles, lots of soy...very tasty for a change. Guess these would be fine as meatballs.

Do you have a unusual turkey meatball recipe? Not necessarily holiday related...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2018, 02:16 PM

120,068 posts, read 14,299,575 times
One of my turkey meatball recipes is this one...

1 red Bell pepper
1 onion
1 garlic clove
curly parsley
400 g ground turkey
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
3 tbsp Greek yogurt or sour creme
salt/black pepper
cayenne pepper
Mix all ingredients together and shape little meatballs flat or round and fry in 1 tbsp olive oil

Sometimes I make Indian spiced turkey meatballs.....
https://keviniscooking.com/pan-roast...eatball-curry/

Old 11-13-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
One of my turkey meatball recipes is this one...

1 red Bell pepper
1 onion
1 garlic clove
curly parsley
400 g ground turkey
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
3 tbsp Greek yogurt or sour creme
salt/black pepper
cayenne pepper
Mix all ingredients together and shape little meatballs flat or round and fry in 1 tbsp olive oil

Sometimes I make Indian spiced turkey meatballs.....
https://keviniscooking.com/pan-roast...eatball-curry/
Thanks Alm... these are just what I'm searching for!

Old 11-13-2018, 03:20 PM

11,088 posts, read 17,564,975 times
I'd do the same as I'd do for beef, but I like to add brown things like soy sauce for both color and flavor.

Oyster or hoisin sauces are other possibilities for yummy "asian" meat balls.

Old 11-13-2018, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I'd do the same as I'd do for beef, but I like to add brown things like soy sauce for both color and flavor.

Oyster or hoisin sauces are other possibilities for yummy "asian" meat balls.

Yes I am weird about the grayish-brown color of turkey meatballs....I'll try the sauces for a change and to darken it up a little...

Old 11-14-2018, 03:13 AM

9,155 posts, read 8,671,947 times
Ancho-leek meatballs. I have actually only made this as a meatloaf, but it is my favorite meatloaf. I found the recipe in the Washington Post about five years ago. Be sure you buy the dark-meat turkey.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 teaspoons grapeseed or canola oil
  • 2 leeks, white parts only, minced (1/2 cup)
  • 2 pounds ground dark-meat turkey
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup fresh plain bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • 2 tablespoons sauce from canned chipotles in adobo, or more as needed
  • 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder, or more as needed
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, or more as needed

DIRECTIONS:

Heat the oil in a small saute pan over medium heat. Once the oil is shimmering. stir in the leeks; cook for about 3 minutes or until translucent. Let cool.

Transfer the cooled leeks to a large mixing bowl along with any pan juices, the ground turkey, eggs, bread crumbs, heavy cream, adobo sauce, ancho chili powder and the salt. Use a sturdy wooden spoon or silicone spatula to stir hard a few times, until the mixture makes a slapping sound against the side of the bowl; the sound indicates the mixture has been worked enough to hold together.

To test the seasoning, pinch off a small piece of the mixture and form a test patty. Fry the patty in a drop or two of canola oil in the same small saute pan over medium heat, until just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side, then taste carefully for seasoning. Add more adobo, ancho chili powder and/or salt, then test again by cooking another patty, until you’ve got it just right.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Dampen your palms with water. Use a tablespoon or a soup spoon to scoop 50 to 60 meatballs, rolling them into balls in your dampened hands and placing them on the baking sheet as you work. Roast (middle rack) for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned. At 12 minutes, test one meatball for doneness; do not overcook, or the meatballs may become tough.

Old 11-14-2018, 04:50 AM

1,227 posts, read 307,437 times
I don't have a recipe, but I'm thinking Cajun turkey meatballs in sauce piquant. Saute chopped celery, green bell and onion (Trinity) until soft. Add some finely chopped garlic and cook until fragrant, remove from heat and let cool. When cool, mix in with ground turkey along with an egg, fresh bread crumbs (that have been moistened with milk) and some Cajun or Creole seasoning like Emeril's "Rustic Rub" or Tony Chaterie's "Creole Seasoning. Combine everything, cook a Tbsp in a pan to check seasoning and adjust as needed. I'd use a 1-1/2" scoop to measure out the meatballs. I'd bake them on a rack over a roasting pan at 350F. Serve over white rice with your favorite sauce piquant or Creole sauce.

Old 11-14-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogboa View Post
I don't have a recipe, but I'm thinking Cajun turkey meatballs in sauce piquant. Saute chopped celery, green bell and onion (Trinity) until soft. Add some finely chopped garlic and cook until fragrant, remove from heat and let cool. When cool, mix in with ground turkey along with an egg, fresh bread crumbs (that have been moistened with milk) and some Cajun or Creole seasoning like Emeril's "Rustic Rub" or Tony Chaterie's "Creole Seasoning. Combine everything, cook a Tbsp in a pan to check seasoning and adjust as needed. I'd use a 1-1/2" scoop to measure out the meatballs. I'd bake them on a rack over a roasting pan at 350F. Serve over white rice with your favorite sauce piquant or Creole sauce.
Thanks db....love Creole
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or