U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-27-2014, 05:39 AM
 
Location: Michigan
859 posts, read 1,898,372 times
Reputation: 458

Advertisements

Yikes, missed a lot here Glad it just keeps going !!


Made Taco Soup and Chilli both turned out great !

Made a New caramel Apple Butter that is the new Favorite now hahaha......... had a mishap with some HOT stuff but wasn't too bad ,,,,unless I touched it or tried washing Dishes lol


Kitchen still not all together but its looking soooooooooo good !!! Lots more Room and my Stove is bigger too.

Never did try the Apples everyone said they would be mushy and I don't care for mushy Apples...

Will try the Apple Onion Ale ........ what Ale are you using ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-27-2014, 06:15 AM
 
Location: Philaburbia
32,315 posts, read 59,640,914 times
Reputation: 53833
I used a bottle of porter, only because it was all I had. The recipe suggests a dark ale. Probably any beer with a little body eould work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2014, 08:29 AM
 
Location: Michigan
859 posts, read 1,898,372 times
Reputation: 458
Cool, I am a Beer person lol....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2014, 09:40 AM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
18,261 posts, read 20,558,087 times
Reputation: 41059
Congrats on almost getting your kitchen done Jasmin I love a big ole kitchen to work in. I wished when I had the farm I would have put in a 6 burner gas stove. It would have been like heaven during canning & holiday seasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2014, 11:04 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,717 posts, read 83,329,873 times
Reputation: 41545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Congrats on almost getting your kitchen done Jasmin I love a big ole kitchen to work in. I wished when I had the farm I would have put in a 6 burner gas stove. It would have been like heaven during canning & holiday seasons.
My kitchen is small but we did have it remodeled about a year ago and I do love it. Even though I would like a few feet more, it is laid out well with lots of cupboards and enough counter space. When I do some of the canning I go to daughters, hers is much larger. The one think I love about mine now, I went with the old fashion deep single sink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2014, 01:04 PM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
18,261 posts, read 20,558,087 times
Reputation: 41059
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
My kitchen is small but we did have it remodeled about a year ago and I do love it. Even though I would like a few feet more, it is laid out well with lots of cupboards and enough counter space. When I do some of the canning I go to daughters, hers is much larger. The one think I love about mine now, I went with the old fashion deep single sink.
It makes being in the kitchen doing tasks much more enjoyable when we like our kitchens for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2014, 05:22 AM
 
Location: Michigan
859 posts, read 1,898,372 times
Reputation: 458
I have white Cabinets' now ( not the dark Modular kind) which brightens up my Kitchen and opens it up, lots more space added 2 more drawers ( not sure what I put in there yet ! but one will hold all the Caning Stuff !! I am so exited I have a Cabinet just for my Canning Supply's no more searching for it.

My house has been in remodel Mode for a LONG time ,I know someday I will sit down and say " whew I am glad its done after all the years lol"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2014, 08:23 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,717 posts, read 83,329,873 times
Reputation: 41545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmin71 View Post
I have white Cabinets' now ( not the dark Modular kind) which brightens up my Kitchen and opens it up, lots more space added 2 more drawers ( not sure what I put in there yet ! but one will hold all the Caning Stuff !! I am so exited I have a Cabinet just for my Canning Supply's no more searching for it.

My house has been in remodel Mode for a LONG time ,I know someday I will sit down and say " whew I am glad its done after all the years lol"
every time we walk into our house we say: wow, was the money we spent worth it and to think, 56 years of marriage and we had never done anything like this before. We had done basic maintenance, updated appliances a few times, new carpets, etc, but never a complete make over. We didn't replace our cabinets, but had we, it would have been white for us as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2014, 08:26 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,717 posts, read 83,329,873 times
Reputation: 41545
A friend just gave us a jar of home made bar b cue sauce, it has a little bite and is more the consistency of a salsa, boy is it good. We used some on our game hens last night. Not only was it not very sweet which suits us, it helped clear up my sinus infection. Well probably not, but it seems that way. She included the recipe: can't wait to try it either later this year or in the next years canning season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2014, 09:51 AM
 
19,952 posts, read 13,569,586 times
Reputation: 1973
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
every time we walk into our house we say: wow, was the money we spent worth it and to think, 56 years of marriage and we had never done anything like this before. We had done basic maintenance, updated appliances a few times, new carpets, etc, but never a complete make over. We didn't replace our cabinets, but had we, it would have been white for us as well.
56 years!!?? Wow! My hats off to you. That's an achievement! My in-laws were married 52. I hope my wife and I make 50 years someday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top