Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2022, 09:28 AM

8,753 posts, read 5,050,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
When they mix food with their hands while wearing rings.

Whenever the cooks are stir frying onions and/or garlic and each and everyone of them says the same obvious thing, "This smells amazing!"
Lidia Bastianich wears bangle braclets, when mixing with her hands, drives me crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2022, 10:28 AM

50,362 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior7 View Post
I remember Bobby Flay few years back once saying he cooked the same thing 3-4 times over then it was edited to fit in his show making it look like he’s just cooked it perfect in one go , maybe he’s sorry now he said that lol
I know most cooking shows have a team in the back cooking step by step what’s being done out front for the camera so mistakes can be replaced in a second .
I do not get the Bobby Flay thing. He seems to be the darling of the food network, but he’s got zero personality.

Old 03-25-2022, 11:47 AM

10,889 posts, read 7,382,548 times
We used to call Paula Deen "the melt a stick a butter lady" because all her recipes seemed to start like that.

Then suddenly, she was trying to be the queen of healthy eating.

My favorite shows are baking competitions, though they're inadvisable since I'm eating low carb.
We also like Masterchef and Top Chef.

I enjoyed the Japanese version of Iron Chef, but don't like the American version, which plays up pointless drama. They're like Jeopardy! vs. Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

Old 03-25-2022, 11:58 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,108,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
We used to call Paula Deen "the melt a stick a butter lady" because all her recipes seemed to start like that.

Then suddenly, she was trying to be the queen of healthy eating.

My favorite shows are baking competitions, though they're inadvisable since I'm eating low carb.
We also like Masterchef and Top Chef.

I enjoyed the Japanese version of Iron Chef, but don't like the American version, which plays up pointless drama. They're like Jeopardy! vs. Who Wants to be a Millionaire?
The reason is she was discovered to have type 2 Diabetes.

Old 03-25-2022, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
The reason is she was discovered to have type 2 Diabetes.
She still is a southern cook though. She has a show on Fox Nation that features classic southern recipes that are not low fat.

Old 03-25-2022, 03:29 PM

2,106 posts, read 978,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I do not get the Bobby Flay thing. He seems to be the darling of the food network, but he’s got zero personality.
Something about his say..30 minute cooking shows takes a couple of hours , then edited and put together to make it look as though it was all done with ease in 30 min,…. mistakes along the way all edited out …

Old 03-25-2022, 03:35 PM

2,106 posts, read 978,500 times
Bit of trivia that surprised me …Katie Lee of The Kitchen was once married to Billy Joel .

Old 03-25-2022, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Bit of trivia that surprised me …Katie Lee of The Kitchen was once married to Billy Joel .
Why do you think she’s on TV?

Old 03-25-2022, 07:06 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,231,565 times
Quote:
Interesting, I didn't know that. I had a good friend who was neighbors with Billy Joel in Oyster Bay (Long Island). Before he lost most of his money. (my friend, not BJ)

Old 03-26-2022, 12:40 AM

19,423 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
When they mix food with their hands while wearing rings.

Whenever the cooks are stir frying onions and/or garlic and each and everyone of them says the same obvious thing, "This smells amazing!"
Drives me nuts. Why?? Why do that??

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Another thing that bothers me is they never seem to have running water to rinse their hands after getting them sticky or messy. They just wipe them on a towel. It must feel awful.

While I’m on a rant...I don’t like that Ree is trying to include her daughters in her shows lately, as if they have anything to contribute.

I don’t like the way Food Channel treated Paula Deen, then tried to slip in another older gray haired chubby woman, as though nobody would notice. That Nancy person from NY is no Paula Deen.
Same response as my one above. Also, it's either you get a close-up of the luxuriously lathering of their hands, or you get to see them smearing their hands on a towel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes